Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Went To Rome Last Week

We all know how popular rome is for tourists and as such the vast majority of stuff is geared towards this, the vatican included.

BUT dont bother trying to get in unless u have full length trousers on, 3/4 length shorts wont do, for women u must have a full length skirt/dress on and a long sleeve blouse - get real, what a joke! they must have turned away at least 75% of the people that went to walk around the outside of it. :duh: :tsktsk:

They probably thought your hairy legs would give the Pope a panic attack mate :P

I guess things are still extremely strict over there, didn't realise they were still this strict though :o

Shame you missed out on seeing inside. I'm not religious in any way, but even I was struck by it. There's probably enough gold and marble in there to solve world hunger! :angry:

u gotta respect the rules mate if u wanna get in and appreciate it, im surprised they didnt have garments there for tourists to put on.

i ended up wearing a skirt type thing and a shawl to get into the virgin marys chapel on nissyros (however u spell it!) last year, but was well worth dressing up like a woman!

oh know that i just find it ironic that they are wanting to attract a lot of tourists but wont allow in "tourist types"

right, im with ya now mate. still, im surprised they didnt have any skirts or shawls u could have put on.

When i was there so many people got turned away because they were in shorts..man were they :tsktsk: off......got to say that was an amazing building :blink:

i ended up wearing a skirt type thing and a shawl to get into the virgin marys chapel on nissyros (however u spell it!) last year, but was well worth dressing up like a woman!

I've been there. I was given a sarong to wear which made me look like Beckham. :lol:

:blink:

I've been there. I was given a sarong to wear which made me look like Beckham. :lol:

:blink:

you loved it ifraz!