Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ice V Non Ice

I realise this question has been asked in a number of different ways in recent weeks .

What I want to understand is what are the differences between cars fitted with the ICE system and those without.

In other words I have a car with Sat Nav but not the ICE option. Does the ICE system use the same SatNav system or is it completely different unit?

If its the same - what & how is the DVD input made into the unit and why can we not just replicate this using an external DVD player? Is there a part number?

Probably missing the point but struggling to work out how to get DVDs my children watch on their rear screens shown on the Navigation screen - at least when stationery.

Thanks for any input

Speejo :duh:

I have no expert knowlege of this but my understanding is that the factory fitted ICE is a player under the front seats which feeds the rear screens. Lexus never wire this to the front screen (?). There have been some members hacking things into the front screen such as dvd's and other camera's so a trawl through the electronics forum may provide the answer that you are looking for.

Steve

I only have the standard SE with Sat Nav not ICE pack.

I then have two SAVV 7" replacement headrests with a DVD player under the passenger seat.

What I wanted to do is to be able to view the DVD player (when stationary to check whats playing) using the Nav screen.

If you get the SE with Navigator and ICE does this also change the head unit to the Mark Levinson one? Is this the reason my desire is not straightforward.

Please PM if you have any solutions.

Thanks

John