Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Something With Engine?

apsaauga

Nation of IS,

could You help me a little bit? Recently i noticed, that when i accelerate (better noticable when going to a hill), my car twitches, looks like something jammes(maybe fuel filter or smth). The engine seems to be working fine, no weard noises, and 2 weeks ago the dealer checked the whole car (they said so), engine checked with computer, and they said it was fine, nothing to repair, except for the Radio:) So, what could be the reason of that twitching? my car has 66 000 km., manual 6 shift

Thanks in advance for Your ideas.

ditto, sounds like some sort of miss fire.

You say when you were going up a hill.....were u low on fuel?

No, my fuel tank almost never get lower than half of it. I don't like riding a car with a red light on. So, what could be the problem of dull and unsmooth ride? maybe excaust system or smth?

Have you reset the ECU just in case something has gone a bit astray? Not sure if it can cause problems on standard cars but mine usually feels a lot better after the ECU is reset if it starts lagging etc...

As a matter of interest what is the rev limiter showing when you get the problem?

This feeling of engine stall and high RPM range with lack of power and slow acceleration are probably related to the 3 way-catalytic converter system.

I once had this problem and the car´s computer and dealer computer did not detect this failure.

I suggest you check this system, since this failure may affect engine life by laening excesively the fuel mixture !

This feeling of engine stall and high RPM range with lack of power and slow acceleration are probably related to the 3 way-catalytic converter system.

I once had this problem and the car´s computer and dealer computer did not detect this failure.

I suggest you check this system, since this failure may affect engine life by laening excesively the fuel mixture !

maferga>> it sounds informing, thanks, but could you explain it more detailed? Because i will need to translate this terminology to lithuanian, and i am afraid they will not be able to understand me, i want to explain tem everything correctly.

thanks

You can just disconnect the Battery but you will lose trip mileage, clock, radio presets etc.

Using the correct procedure in the link above just resets the engine/gearbox ecu which is all you need. You won't be able to tell it's been done unless you connect diagnostic equipment to the car. However you may be able to feel the difference. If you pulled out the two correct fuses then it's been reset.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have also noticed that my IS200 is very slugish, its only got 500 miles on the clock. is this the Norm at this stage until the engine breaks in or am i missing something.....

Any advice out there for me..???

do you think re-setting the ECU will help as i have read above..???

Hi guys,

I have also noticed that my IS200 is very slugish, its only got 500 miles on the clock. is this the Norm at this stage until the engine breaks in or am i missing something.....

Any advice out there for me..???

Are you comparing it to another IS200? It should free up with more miles. The fuel economy should also improve.

Well ive been told that they can be nippy, but as i hav said it is sluggish at the moment.....

I have been in other IS200's that seem to be faster than mine...!!!!..i suppose that may come once the engine has been broken in....!!!

The fuel economy is also crap....!!!!..

I miss my GT TDI Golf for fuel economy and power....!!!!!.....i think Lexus should make a powerful Diesel too.......!!!!!

Any others suffering from lack of power...???

its like pulling a tank up a hill....!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Easy tiger!

Mine took between 1500-2500 miles to loosen up then it purred like a liddle puddy cat!

Take it easy and don't take it over 5000 rpm for the first 5000 miles or so and it will stay in good shape!