Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Xmas Is Coming

Scorpion

Did you not read the "what car" article on the car.?

They had a load of cars... like a scooby, Caterham, Noble, Evo, MX5, Lambo, carrera, elise111, elise exige, MG X Power and a few others...

They were very disappointed with the MG..... Especially for the price!!!

over £80k aint it???... That would be my AC Cobra paid for and a Lightning for the business and still have change for another LEX!!!!

Those Nobles are awesome..... That Caterham R500 they tested was better though!!

Must admit though.... that MG is one of the best looking cars i`ve seen in a while..

i think its very nice.........

I wouldnt knock Rover so much, but then again thats the british way.dont suppoort your local industry, knock it.

MG maestro turbo (and EFI).most understated super hot hatch ever built.200bhp(1988)

Rover coupe Turbo, rated one of the best handling Coupe;s ever built (1994)

Rover K series engines, still rated one of the best all aluminum engines ever developed

Rover V8, one of the best , and most used V8 engines in the world

why was Land rover sold by BMW, to stop rover having the best 4x4 technology, the same technology that BMW raped from Rover

Why was rover bought in the first place?, because the Rover 600 was taking sales away from BMW in Germany

for the money, the new MG rage is very competitive.and are actually well built cars

i have nothing against rover (except they DID suffer from dodgy build quality - fact), and even looked at buying one..

BUT, i do think the V8 version is overpriced, i mean, look at what else you can get for £33k..

When was Rover build quality crap.........70's-80's.yep i agree, but that was the legacy of British Leyland. If your on about the early 90'S rovers, well ........there all Honda shells, so whois to blame there :winky:

were over 20 years on now........No one still gives skoda crap do they.

if we supported our Manufacturing industry a little more, then it would be quite amazing i think what rover could achive, what there doing now, there doing on a very very tight budget, and in my eyes doing it very well

^^

:lol::lol:

I lost respect for MG after they made the string of max power cars :sick:

Same with Jag when they brought out the fancy mondeo :sick::sick:

Lenny....so what do you think is going to happen to the IS in a few years time when the prices drop dramatically,the Lexus IS brand will go the same way and end up in Max power. :sick:

Agree with what you say Mat but the underlying thing wrong with the "K" series (as you know)is the mating surface of the head to block,they suffere from overheating coz of the plastic lugs used,....not good engineering in my books!!

..but the V8 is a stonking motor. :winky:

Lenny....so what do you think is going to happen to the IS in a few years time when the prices drop dramatically,the Lexus IS brand will go the same way and end up in Max power. :sick:

If you mean like the old 3 series.... 316s getting kitted up as fake M3s?

I doubt the IS will go down that route :blink: mainly because the 6 pot is bloody juicy...

However I can see the smaller Nova-Golf size cars going down that route. Dont worry pete we wont be seeing a Haynes guide on Maxing the LExus IS200 :sick:

If that was the case, loads of soarers would have been done :angry:

I dont think many saloons have the Max Power appeal. Lexi have got big hiphop style mod appeal tho (which i doubt your average max head can afford)....

When i was talking my losing respect for MG, i think you caught the wrong end of the stick... I mean if Lambo started making rebagded golfs, polos, lupos etc or even worse, octivas and fabias I would lose respect for lambos!!

You never get Haynes manuals on 4 year old cars...watch this space coz it will happen,The majority of Lexus owners dont like messing around with cars and getting their hands grubby,Soarers are aimed at mostly the mature driver,i get lots of young guys saying i'd love to own a car like that..and they will at some stage then they will throw away the 6 pot and swap it for something else...

....IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!

Agreed, I fell in :wub: with the IS at 16... but not to Max Up, I took it for a luxury car not a boy racer car. And even my a lot of my young mates (ranging from R5GTT boys to X5 owners) say the IS is lovely standard, no need to even put the TRD kit on!! All I say is bigger rims, subtle kit, and drop and they agree!! I'm sure the lads envious of car, love it standard, you will get a few ice heads tho.. But like with ALL cars you will see some distastefully modded.

The haynes mod manuals are just made for popular boy racer cars.