Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Digital Camcorder

Wosket

i just got one of these, a sony DCRPC109E.CEH and WHAT a camcorder for the money, payed more that double than this one cost 2 years ago and the old one looks like the differnce between a old spectrum to a pentium 4. i got myone for just under £500 and am chuffed to bitts with it

i just got one of these, a sony DCRPC109E.CEH and WHAT a camcorder for the money, payed more that double than this one cost 2 years ago and the old one looks like the differnce between a old spectrum to a pentium 4. i got myone for just under £500 and am chuffed to bitts with it

yeah its quite well specc'd that one and has true 16:9 widescreen mode which would be very useful, where'd you get it from?

i'm considering the canon mvx200, seems a good spec for the price - £299

Type Digital

Optical Zoom 14 x

Digital Zoom 240 x

CCD Resolution 1,330,000

Recording Format MiniDV/SecureDigital card

Shutter Speed 1/2 - 1/2000 seconds

Focus Auto/Manual

View finder Yes

View finder Colour Colour (0.33)

Eyepiece Viewfinder Yes

LCD Monitor Yes

LCD Monitor size 2.5 inches (123,000 pixels, Multi image screen)

Image Stabilization Yes

Sound Yes

Remote Control Yes

Power Source NB-2L H Lithium-ion Battery, BP-2L14 Lithium-ion Battery, optional AC adapter

Night Mode Yes (Minimum Lux: 1.5 lux (in Night mode))

White Balance Yes (Auto, Set/Preset)

Digital Still Function Yes (1280X960 (SXGA) (Progressive Photo), Continuous shooting mode, Auto Exposure Bracketing, Simultaneous Photo Recording, Selecting AF Frame Function, Photo Button)

Digital Still Media SD Memory Card and Multimedia Card

Special Effects Yes (Auto fade, Wipe fade, Flip fade, Corners fade, Tide fade, Puzzle fade, Beam fade, Zigzag fade, Jump fade, Art, Sepia, Monotone, Mosaic, Colors, Mirror, Ball, Cube, Wave)

Charging unit & batteries included Yes

USB Yes

S-Video input Yes

S-Video output Yes

Dimensions 73.6 mm x 78.0 mm x 130.1 mm (W x H x D)

Weight 490 g

Supplied Accessories AC adapter, Battery pack, Shoulder strap, Remote control, USB cable, AV cable, 1 year manufacturer's guarantee.

Other Functions Program AE (Full auto, Auto, Sports, Portrait, Spotlight, Sand and snow, Low light, Night mode), Accessory shoe, DIGIC DV high resolution, Image stabilizer night mode

what d'ya think?

TRY THIS MATE

Its brilliant i paid around 250ish with 128 memory stick :whistling: but that was from Dubai...Camera is excellent - got one of the biggest screens...hope that helps mate ;)

Sorry just read it properly, camcorder :blush: still take a look on kelkoo ;)

Edited by SHAHZ

• 2 weeks later...

well i went for the canon mx200 and got sent the canon mx200i worth about £80 more so that went well! its really small too, just a touch bigger than my digital camera. have been using it this week to shoot some footage for a corporate dvd and i must say the results have been excellent, im well chuffed. and i think ive worked out a way of mounting it to the top of my sat nav too.

i just have an urge to film everything now, i guess that will wear off soon though!