Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Headlights

has anyone fitted the new smoked headlights to an older IS, i remember a few months ago someone saying that it wasnt a straight swap, so any news? can it be done?

Its a straight swap with the new smoked ones... Its the US style lights that aren't a straight forward

u sure mate? im positive someone in chat said it wasnt a straight swap, have you done it?

dave, ive been wanting to do my headlights for ages but im pretty certain it will all go tits up! im scared!!!!!! :blush:

Its a straight swap with the new smoked ones... Its the US style lights that aren't a straight forward

If your talking about the LE lights then they are not a straight fit,some cutting of the inner wing has to be done coz of the HID's.!!!!

Not sure if the LE has both... But I thought there was a normal smoked headlight (I was talkiong to Alex about them a while back)

I think Zee had the US lights??? I bought some US lights from eBay but gave up trying to fit them. (I'm after a normal drivers side headlight if someone has one though!! ;))

I tried taking my headlights apart and mucked it right up (so if someone wants to do my next ones for me :lol::whistling: )

I've smoked my foglights, there a lot easier than the headlights as you don't see the join when they are fitted

i know you can get the smoked JDM headlights from overseas and the LE has smoked HID's but i thought the new revamped IS sport has normal smoked headlights along with full leather, short shift etc.

the fogs are the same process as the headlights dave, heat gun, screwdriver etc.

That's why the wing modifications were required Pete, I think we've got a much better option in terms of ease of install!

Saying that the IS300 lights are much cleaner than those in the 200, even when the orange inserts are removed (something I may sort out one day!)

yep, i'm pretty sure Aidos right in that Zee has the IS300 lights and modded the car so they would fit. A breakers quoted me £200 for a set of IS300 lights but I dont know if that included the balasts.

I thought Lexus just changed the colour of the chrome bit on the headlights like they did with the rear ones? Pretty sure these aren't HID's

I'm sure it would just be a straight swap. Maybe?

were talking about these headlights right? (and fogs)

and reading an old thread it seems they cant be retro fitted to older models! heres the thread still not sure if everyone is talking about the same lights though? Cuz these have the orange strip thing like the older ones where as the 'LE' and the IS300 dont have the orange but cuz they are HID

So.... i'm confused.. bed time!