Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Navigation

Hello All,

I am a new member of your forum as i am due to take delivery of my IS200 Sport tomorrow. The car is standard however does not have navigation fitted.

My previous car had a Becker Traffic Pro System fitted. and i am tod that it is difficult or impossible to source a Lexus system to to retro fit.

So my question is has anyone fitted an aftermarket system ie Pioneer or Alpine.

I am considering the 7" touch screen Pioneer NAV/CD/DVD Din E sized in dash unit. What are the pit falls with the built in amplifier.

Many thanks

Infinity.

• 3 years later...

Howdy all,

I'm also new to this forum having just purchased a 2001 IS200 SL. I'm about to purchase a sweet Pioneer unit to replace the factory radio/cd player but now having 2nd thoughts due to comments throughout the forum about not being able to use the factory amp. Can anyone expand on this or is there a workaround for it? I'm no genius with electrics/electronics so be kind.

FYI - I'm from Melbourne, Australia and the local chapter of this forum there is pretty dead, hence my post here.

Thanks

Darren

Howdy all,

I'm also new to this forum having just purchased a 2001 IS200 SL. I'm about to purchase a sweet Pioneer unit to replace the factory radio/cd player but now having 2nd thoughts due to comments throughout the forum about not being able to use the factory amp. Can anyone expand on this or is there a workaround for it? I'm no genius with electrics/electronics so be kind.

FYI - I'm from Melbourne, Australia and the local chapter of this forum there is pretty dead, hence my post here.

Thanks

Darren

if you install an after market headunit.. You will need to buy the by pass lead..

This means.. you will be usin the onboard amp from the cdplayer.

you could wire another aftermarket amp.. if you wanted to :D

First you'll need an amp bypass lead

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-IS200-SE-Sport...1QQcmdZViewItem

Then you'll need a radio facia which can also be found on eBay.

Also check out the following posts

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=37720

Basically you need to bypass the stock amp.

The cable works a treat, i replaced my radio with an alpine ipod unit.

I combine an Pioneer AVIC DVD 900 with the standard audiosystem. Must say I like it a lot, navigation quality is much better than the o.e.m. system

Biggest plus for you is that systems can be picked up second hand for small prices and since recently new software was released, the system will live for another 2-3 years.

Sorry to bother you all again.

I'm second guessing myself now. I'm going to buy a Pioneer AVIC-HD3 (Australian model In-Dash DVD GPS Receiver, double din - http://www.pioneer.com.au/products/car_ent...vic/index.html) so will need to buy the following:

1. JDM Dash Kit

2. Metra Harness Toyota Interface (TYTO01)?

3. CD-i200 iPod Connector

and now

4. Amp bypass lead?

Thanks - and if this has already been covered apologies (and I'll try another search - obviously no good with keywords).

Just one more quick one while I'm going regarding the Dash Kit. Should I stick with the JDM or get this one on eBay which looks to better suit my requirements as I have the heated seat buttons (no need to cut pieces off the dash trims) - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-IS-200-Car-Ste...5QQcmdZViewItem. Does anyone have this installed?

Many thanks and cheers

D