I'm hoping someone can offer some advice before I have to go to the expense of a trip to Lexus...

My series II GS300 Sport is making a sort of grating noise when I turn the steering wheel to the left when driving - almost as if something is rubbing on the wheel arch. Noise (I think) is coming from the right hand side but not sure if it's front or back. Had a quick look underneath but couldn't immediately see anything loose. Will get my other half to take a look tonight - but wondered if anyone had any pointers?

not the sound of the steering rack and high pressure power sterring fluid passing through.. if so then pretty normal.. unless it has got worse and sounds really bad?

Would that just happen on one side though? It's not a noise I've ever noticed before now and it's quite noticable :-(

always reminds me of similar sounds given by a forklift truck lifting... same sort of thing... high pressure fluid being forced through pipes etc

Claz, I had the same thing on ,mine, it was just of the the little mudflap thingies catching onthe wheel when I turned - make sure they're on tight.

That sort of a problem I can cope with Rod! Thanks, will get Simon to look tonight - having a big bump isn't condusive to being able to crawl around on the ground to look properly!

i had the same sort of problem and i found it to be the plastic arch liner on the drivers side had broken one of the clips off hence it was hanging down and catching the trye

i only got the noise when the wheels were being turned

hope that helps claire