Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Tdi Exhaust Manifold

tdiplc

Here's an idea of what our new manifold will look like.

This is a new design that is a result of further airflow r&d and computer modelling that we have recently undertaken.

The price is yet to be decided, but expect £400 to £500 which I think is exceptionally good, especially considering that it has been developed by the UK's leading Lexus tuner.

We are taking orders now if anyone is interested.

Mark :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks very good Mark, how much is fitting likely to be?

And what are those two bolts / nuts for?

Any ideas on performance increase on a supercharged engine yet?

TIA

That looks very good Mark, how much is fitting likely to be?

And what are those two bolts / nuts for?

Any ideas on performance increase on a supercharged engine yet?

TIA

Probably takes a couple of hours or so if the supercharger is already fitted.

The blanking plugs are for lamda/AFR/EGT sensors

We are not releasing performance claims yet, because we hope to offer it with a "full power" exhaust which is currently under development :ph34r:

looks nice...

now wheres the bloody IS300 ones eh lol

how does the tdi header differ from the oem one mark,, obviously the precats are removed. when i was investigating headers for my 300 i read such things as long and short runners.. which will either help with low end grunt but with less top end and visa-versa depending on the run length.. what type of runner length does this one have,, cause i cant see any difference in this and my oem one (that took hours to remove, but thats another story) certainly the xerd header i have looks like it has different lenghts, what improvements over the oem (over than de cat) has this header shown on your bench tests..and when you gona do one for the 300. and does this fit right hand drive cars LMAO..

Don't let our competitors know Mr Fargo :ph34r: , but the critical parameters are:

1) Primary pipe length

2) primary pipe diameter

3) primary pipe flow restriction

4) angle of divergence of flange to primary pipe

5) length of primary collector

6) convergance angle of primary collector

7) flow restrction of primary collector

8) secondary pipe length

9) secondary pipe diameter

10) secondary collector length

11) convergance angle of secondary collector

12) flow resistance of secondary collector

13) Camshaft closing angle

14) peak power rpm required

15) torque rpm band

There are a few people in the world that have the knowledge, skills and facilities to make a decent manifold, but most are clueless and sell stuff that only fit (if you're lucky) and look nice. I don't know which catagory your US manifold falls into but if it's typical of most stuff on the market it will be the latter.

I would be interested in doing the is300 but I really need batches of 20 to make it worthwhile and to bring the price below £500. Any takers?

i dont think there are even 5 is300 owners on this site let alone 20..

Thanks for that info mark,, i shall try to keep it quiet from your competiters..lol..

ok, so now i know what the critical parameters are,, have you made any adjustments to the lenght of the pipe work in respect to what i mentioned ealier about long or short runs, if so how have you balanced the length in repsect to short runs better low end grunt but less top end ( or is it the other way round,, cant remember)

as for the xerd one i had,, yup it was shiny,, just like your one.. and xerds header has been tested to give between 13-15 extra horses..(at the fly i think)

i dont think there are even 5 is300 owners on this site let alone 20..

Thanks for that info mark,, i shall try to keep it quiet from your competiters..lol..

ok, so now i know what the critical parameters are,, have you made any adjustments to the lenght of the pipe work in respect to what i mentioned ealier about long or short runs, if so how have you balanced the length in repsect to short runs better low end grunt but less top end ( or is it the other way round,, cant remember)

as for the xerd one i had,, yup it was shiny,, just like your one.. and xerds header has been tested to give between 13-15 extra horses..(at the fly i think)

I didn't think the is300 was a big market yet - shame!

Regarding the lengths etc, a rough rule of thumb is that the shorter the lengths are the higher peak power rpm will be. Of course we have optimised the critical parameters to suit the nature of the engine but..............

...this manifold has been conceived to be compatable with a new concept we are working on which is basically a "full power" exhaust syem which will have a special feature that will make the manifold tunable for different applications.

Can't tell you much yet but my creative juices are flowing ;) :ph34r:

Looks very nice mate :D

I have just had a custom made full polished stainless steel exhaust put on mine with the front two cats removed and a single performance cat put in. it sounds so deep and gives a nice howl through tunnels. the only problem is that at a certain rev, in any gear i a get a rasp. i have been told that this is because of the two front cats being removed, the air flow is fighting with each other to get back in to the single pipe from the two manifolds.

just wondering if you have had any problems like this with yours.

maan,, thats the route i was gona go, but alas the insurance people wouldnt cover me... (but they would with nitrous) SO maybe next year..

:question: I'd figure it would be the other way around. What turbo would you consider buying? TBKO, SRT, or a ProLex S/C? All these kits are shippable.

well i was considering the SRT, mainly cause it was the most reasonably priced one,,

Check again. There prices have increased. Stage 1 is now $6,000. It includes a Haltek ecu instead of a piggy back ecu. TBKO is $5,500 for stage 1, and ProLex Stage 1 S/C is $5,000.