Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Just bought a 1998 mk4 LS400. I pick it up on Thursday.

I'm quite used to my current stereo, a Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB52. It receives digital radio, and also plays back MP3 compilation CDs.

I presume I'm out of luck with getting DAB in the Lexus, unless I completely replace the built in stereo. Is that even possible?

For the MP3 CDs though, I believe it's possible to interface aftermarket MP3 stackers to the OEM head unit. Has anyone tried that? Does anyone know who makes the Lexus CD changer?

Cheers,

Jon

Jon,

Welcome! You can change the Mk1 and Mk2 radios over with a bit of effort, but not sure about Mk4 models..do you have satnav?

From what I know, Lexus radios/CD changers for LS400 models in the UK have usually been Pioneer. May be different for import spec cars, as some may have Nakimichi premium systems..

HTH.

....or you could be lucky and have a Mark Levinson system? If you're going to strip it out....I'LL HAVE IT!!

Sadly not... from my web research before buying, I got the impression it was only available in the LS430. They're still a bit rich for my finances. :-)

Welcome! You can change the Mk1 and Mk2 radios over with a bit of effort, but not sure about Mk4 models..do you have satnav?

From what I know, Lexus radios/CD changers for LS400 models in the UK have usually been Pioneer. May be different for import spec cars, as some may have Nakimichi premium systems..

Cheers for the welcome. Yes, I have satnav, I specifically chose a 1998 model because of that. Anyone know how much Lexus charge for an update disk? I don't know how up to date mine will be.

I don't think it's got the Nakamichi sound system, I didn't notice the logo anyway.

There's a pic of the car on my website, but as I say I don't collect it until Thursday. Had to buy a tax disk today, had to pay for the whole of this month as well even though I don't need it to be valid until the 26th. :-/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links