Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying An Altezza

Vosy

Hi There,

I'm thinking about buying a Lexus Altezza for £9,750 and was wondering if this was a reasonable price.

It currently has 49,000 miles on the clock, full factory body kit, adjustable steering, tiptronic and sports exhaust. The car looks fantastic but I don't want to get ripped off. It's also been fully HPI checked.

Bit of a girlie when it comes to cars but I love the Lexus and this one looks great with the body kit but I'm unsure it's a good deal.

Please help!!!!! :driving:

That is a good enough price mate, as i have 1 for sale for £10,795..

Just remember a Hpi report only covers its time in the UK, and NOT its time in Japan...

Get both a mileage check and authenticity check done through BIMTA, this will proce that the car isn`t stolen or has outstanding finance. AND tell you the mileage at the time of exportation from Japan.

BIMTA

Hi There,

I'm thinking about buying a Lexus Altezza for £9,750 and was wondering if this was a reasonable price.

It currently has 49,000 miles on the clock, full factory body kit, adjustable steering, tiptronic and sports exhaust. The car looks fantastic but I don't want to get ripped off. It's also been fully HPI checked.

Bit of a girlie when it comes to cars but I love the Lexus and this one looks great with the body kit but I'm unsure it's a good deal.

Please help!!!!! :driving:

Bonsai cars?

I'd get a Lexus from the UK, wouldn't bother with the 'Toyota' Altezza, no dis-respect to the Altezza owners .... but I think it's silly when people buy Altezza's .... then put Lexus badges on it.

It's a Grey Import .... not the genuine Lexus :-)

Blah ! :ph34r:

here we go again............

For that price you could get a IS200 Sport

UK car, 30 ish 000 miles, full lexus service history, leather seats and all the stuff the Altezza misses

I would say its WELL over priced!

Maybe he wants a sports car Gary?... rather than head lamp washers he gets an extra 57BHP as standard.

I'd get a Lexus from the UK, wouldn't bother with the 'Toyota' Altezza, no dis-respect to the Altezza owners .... but I think it's silly when people buy Altezza's .... then put Lexus badges on it.

I think its silly when new member try a talk about something that they OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about!!

Been here many times, so i will say no more... :angry: :tsktsk:

And for your information "mate", you would be VERY VERY surprised now many people wanna buy ALTEZZA badges for there is200`s!!!

Each to there own, but i also know which i prefer money not being an issue.

UK car, 30 ish 000 miles, full lexus service history, leather seats and all the stuff the Altezza misses

where can you find one that price with 30k miles????

autotrader search

bah.........

Mine :whistling: With sat nav

And for quite a few quid less than the altezza :P

Blah !  :ph34r:

I think its silly when new member try a talk about something that they OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about!!

Been here many times, so i will say no more... :angry: :tsktsk:

And for your information "mate", you would be VERY VERY surprised now many people wanna buy ALTEZZA badges for there is200`s!!!

Each to there own, but i also know which i prefer money not being an issue.

ha ha ha.....

toyota altezza/lexus is200 all the same. theres nowt silly about putting lexus badge on a altezza.

if u order parts from a lexus dealer say for an is200 u find it says 'genuine toyota parts' even the lexus grille.

QUOTE (OLI_EP3 @ Aug 25 2004, 07:27 AM)

QUOTE (gazza200 @ Aug 24 2004, 11:15 PM)

where can you find one that price with 30k miles????

autotrader search

bah.........

Mine  With sat nav

And for quite a few quid less than the altezza 

And how much extra do you have to spend to get 210hp out of your 6cyl 2l engine?

toyota altezza/lexus is200 all the same. theres nowt silly about putting lexus badge on a altezza.

if u order parts from a lexus dealer say for an is200 u find it says 'genuine toyota parts' even the lexus grille.

Exactly...Its all Toyota anyway

:shutit: WOW I opened a massive cans a worms with this one.

I haven't seen any IS200 of a resaonable age and condition for the price I can pay for an Altezza. I am looking for either an IS200 or an Altezza really. I haven't test drove either yet so I'll do that first and reserve judgement till then. I do think the Altezza looks better though. Mind you either way I'm most probably gonna be wrapped round a tree as soon as I get it anyway. Girls in BIG boys cars hey!!!!!

Someone mentioned Bonsai cars! Could someone explain how I'd get a car from them cos it looks quite daunting as the price is in Yen and it doesn't really tell you how you go about buying one. Sorry a bit of a VIRGIN :blush: to all this importing stuff.!!!!!! :D

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Once I get the car of my dreams I'll post the pictures

Happy driving. Passions run high when you have a Lexus hey!!! :driving:

Hhhmmmm.... :crybaby:

There's A lot of Altezza owners here defending their cars, which is natural.

Now for my (hopfully) more un-biased view, Which has changed since I became a member and have had a good look at a few altezzas.

The Altezza has as much right to wear the Lexus badge as an IS200. Its built by the same people as the IS, The same shell as the IS, to the same standard.

Ok, it might not have all the toys, but toys may not be what everyone wants. The extra 57bhp is a very tempting option.

When I was looking I didn't want an Altezza.

Now?

I'd have one tomorrow!

Ideally I'd get the Altezza running gear in my IS, best of both worlds, but you cant win them all!

And the issue about bing a "gray" import is vertually non exsitant as long as you buy from someone who knows waht they are talking about like scott.

You pays your money, you takes your choice!

The Altezza is a fine car, equally as good as the IS200.

You may not agree with me but remember i own A UK IS200!!!!

Just one more thing about badging, there's a RAV4 round here with Lexus badges on!!!

Sorry but I don't really know much about the Altezza but is the only difference a more powerful 4 cylinder engine and a lower spec? (what is the missing spec anyway?) Are there no other differences (e.g. sound proofing, etc.)

If thats the only difference, that 210bhp does sound temtping...

Without sounding like a complete muppet, how do they get 210bhp out of a 2ltr engine? :blink:

Sorry but I don't really know much about the Altezza but is the only difference a more powerful 4 cylinder engine and a lower spec? (what is the missing spec anyway?) Are there no other differences (e.g. sound proofing, etc.)

If thats the only difference, that 210bhp does sound temtping...

Without sounding like a complete muppet, how do they get 210bhp out of a 2ltr engine? :blink:

2 variants of Altezza AS200 and RS200.... AS being identicle to the uk is200 and the RS200 being the 210BHP model ( 200bhp for the auto/Tiptronic)

Most things in Japan are extras ( ie leather trim ), but as a rule, the altezza doesn`t have leather (Japanese don`t like it!), headlamp washers, cruise control, MPG dial.

BUT it does have LSD, same springs as the is200 Sport, DUAL VVTi, Titanium valves etc.... and a much nicer sound to it!

My personal choice would be to have the extra power rather than a few creature comforts.

To get the is200 to RS200 power levels you need a supercharger!... why not get an RS200 for similar money to an is200 and supercharge THAT! Giving around 260BHP

Touching Scooby territory then!!

...why not get an RS200 for similar money to an is200 and supercharge THAT! Giving around 260BHP

Touching Scooby territory then!!

HEHEHE! :P

Scooby eating!!!! :hehe:

Now THAT sounds like fun!!!! :D :D :D