Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Urgent Help About Stock Radio!

hello, the problem is, that i brought my 2001 IS for changing my radio because of error 1 (guaranty), the new radio came and they tried to change it. They said, that new radio doesn't connect to my sound system, because there is some missunderstanding. I have system with 6 speakers, but they said that my radio is for 8 speakers and the new radio which has arrived (for 6 speakers) doesn't fit. How come? They say I did something with my radio, but i didn't!

Help

Sounds like a mistake on their behalf I think.

The S model IS200 has the basic 6 speaker system and the SE has the 8 speaker system - some of the older posts on here suggest that there is a different wiring harness in the two systems.

In this case it sounds like the garage ordered the new part for the S model IS200 and not the SE model IS200 which you have.

Probably worth asking them to double check they ordered the correct part.

Check if your rear speakers has the Lexus logo on them or not.

Lexus Logo = 8 speakers

No Lexus Logo = 6 speakers

8 speaker cars have a seperate stand alone amp (sliver box behind glove box).

6 speaker cars don't have the seperate amp, the amp is built in to the headunit, hence the difference in headunits for 6 and 8 speaker systems.

Hope that helps

Gavin