Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nokia Cark 126 Fitting In Lexus Is200

Right, This old chesnut again!!!

I have searched through the forums for a long while trying to find answers to this but don't see this specific problem.

Right here goes; I have had a Nokia CARK 126 Car kit fitted to my 03 Reg IS200 with Sat Nav (CD at top of stereo) and am aware that the sound cannot be properly routed throught the car speakers so have had a speaker fitted, this is fine but the engineer who has fitted this says that he cannot make the radio mute properly, he thinks that he has found the mute pin on the stereo but as soon as he connects the Nokia Kit to this it just mutes the stereo straight away and regardless of whether the phone is ringing or not, this is the same whether the phone is in the cradle or not.

Any suggestions would be truly appreciated - I cannot beleive that the Nokia kit is not compatible with the stereo mute as I thought that all the mute was, was just an earth sent to the stereo??? which is what the nokia kit does.

Thanks

James

Hello mate,

I'd like to say that I spent hours and ... actually two days with the same problem you are facing.

I have the same stereo as yourself, and also the Nokia Car Kit, though mine is the 112, it works on the same concept.

I installed the kit my self, and therefore I know you can mute it, mine does, and it works a treat.

What you need to do is ....... find the second block (the one with less wires in it) that's where the mute output is.

When I installed mine, the mute output was actually blank, so what you need to do is, get a voltage meter .... find the second block (with less wires in it) and poke the meter into the blank slots, and find one that give you an output of about 4.5 - 5V , that's the MUTE output.

Then simply connect the YELLOW mute cable from the car kit to that pin, and your done !

Hope that helps, I have images of the blocks, etc too ... if you want them.

:driving:

It doesn't have the second block ? .... well don't go chopping up wires, it will still work on the same concept ... look for the wire that delivers an output of about 4.5 - 5v.

That will be the mute wire :-) :winky:

Nobody mentioned "chopping up wires"

THE MUTE WIRE IS BLUE/ORANGE.... Trust me, I fit them for the dealers all day long.

Hi Duncan

Please put me out of my misery does a 01 is200 (CD at the top) have a mute wire and if so do I take it from the back of the radio or the amp and what’s the colour.

This has been driving me nuts :angry::crybaby::angry:

Recently had Nokia car kit fitted to my 53 Plate IS200 Nav. Engineer came and said he wouldn't even try & route it through speakers or mute. Told me a tale about if he did it might void the warrenty, same thing I was told when I had my previous X Plate IS Nav.

Didn't want my car knacking so settled with the external speaker arrangement. Have to make sure though that if you have auto answer you don't have stereo on too high otherwise you can't hear it ring and people on the end of the phone just get blasted eardrums.

:offtopic: Does a 2000 IS Sport have a mute wire (cd at bottom) if so what colour is it, is it at amp/radio any help would be appreciated.

The mute wire is definantly blue/orange on the newer model my mate has just fitted his :winky:

People ! ........ REGARDLESS of what model you IS200 is ...... or if you CD is on top or bottom ..... use a voltage meter ... and find the pin that gives an output of anything between 4.5v - 5v.

That is most likely going to be your mute wire ..... I have a

2001 IS200 SE (CD ON TOP)

Nokia Car Kit CK-112 (bluetooth)

and it works a treat ....... !

:offtopic:

Yes we have done this to death & I have as well, it's not worth the hassle, try this option instead:-

Do what I did and buy a Tape to CD cassette adaptor - you can leave this in your tape deck permanently, cut the din plug off and wire the cable direct into the cable with the speaker. I've hid my speaker in the passenger footwell (far left) just so I can hear the phone ring. I've also wired the cable from the tape deck through the dash above the heated seat console and then fed the cable behind the glove box ;-)

When making & receiving a call all you have to do is press TAPE and it amplifies the call in the car speakers - it's great!

Dead easy job, you just need to take the glove box off to wire up the cables professionally.