Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supagard Worth Having?

Hello,

I'm soon to be the proud owner of an RX 300 SE Navigator, my only slight worry being the number of topics posted on here about excessive stone chip impacts etc. My dealer has offered me "Supagard" protection (for £299 if I remember rightly). Do you existing owners think this is worth having?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Cheers,

Jon

Hello

My IS200 is nearly 1 year old & the stone chips on the front end & bonet are so bad I'm having to pay for repair myself as its "general wear & tear", so after not getting it this time, I would seriously consider it for £300.

Do's it offer any warrenty??? If so its probably worth it.

Stuart

Taken from their website (http://www.supagard.co.uk/)

"The whole idea behind the Paint Sealant is to protect your vehicle's paintwork from the harsh environment that surrounds it; namely UV rays produced by the sun which can fade paintwork. Fallout from trees, tree sap and salt on the roads are other contributors to fading and corrosion."

Normally, Supaguard comes with a 3 year warranty. I don't think it would necessarily help with prevention of stone chips (nothing much can protect paintwork from stones hitting the paintwork on motorways at 70+ mph).

However, in terms of locking in the beauty of brand new paintwork, then it would help, particulary at avoiding all those surface scratches you find on not so new cars.

You just need to avoid using non Supaguard polishes when caring for the car, and they usually provide a sample pack of cream/polish that you can use with the treated paintwork.

If you are the kind of person who has not got the time to spend weekends regulary washing/waxing/polishing your car, then this product will probably save you a lot of time in maintaining the look of your car.

Has anybody imported a "bra" or half mask.

There are a few available in the US including a Lexus version for about $150.

I am wondering whether anyone leaves them on or whether they just put them on for long trips.

Any thoughts / experience

Speejo

Hi,

Had my ML 'Superguarded' so I know it doesn't prevent stone chips etc. It does make it easier to keep clean (birds mess etc.) but I don't think it's any better than frquent polishing. So if you're on the lazy side :ohmy: it might be worth it!

Cheers,

Dieter

The cost on Superguard is around £60 and this is why they always through this in to try and close the deals, and tell you they will give you this £300 quid product for nowt! Like most have said it will not help with stone chips and will help you keep the car cleaner if you can't be ****d to polish it :winky: