Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ownership, Not The Best Of Starts

Two RX 300's in 3 months, not bad going I thought. Some of you might remember my posting about buying a 6 month old RX SE-L (Ex Lexus GB) without seeing the car. Bad move!! Although it came through a main dealer the car was in generally poor condition (miss match colour on a door, lots of scuffs and scratches, damaged wheels etc) It had not even been polished before delivery. Bit dissapointing given the expectation from JD Powers top franchise. Still, credit to the dealer they offered to do a straight exchange for a new SE with Nav without any quibble and let me keep the existing car until the new one came through. Being the sort of bloke who likes his toys I paid the extra and have just taken delivery of a new SE-L with ICE.

As I said before my initial decision was cemented after reading your Forum's and despite the rocky start, I love this car. How can someone say an X5 is better?

Where I live X5's and XC90's are two-a-penny, but I am yet to see another RX. I take it there are some out there? Wherever I park the car it attracts attention. Some Japanese tourists even took photo's of it on Sunday!!

Great car, incredible build quality, not sure the ICE was worth the £2,600 though!!!

By the way, my wife loves the car too, so all is well in the Easylife household.

I'm surprised the Lexus GB car was in such poor condition, as before we hand them back they go over them with a fine tooth comb- the list of charges for putting everything back up to 100% are pretty hefty!!!

(each scratch costs £80 to put right, alloy scuffs may mean a wheel refurb or a new wheel(at dealer cost).

Glad to see the dealer was so good.

Hi 'Jason' My ex Lexus GB car had to have its carpet replaced before delivery, this might account for much of the interior trim damage. It was clear that several scratches had been polished from the bodywork as there were dull patches on several panals where buffing had taken place. The front passenger door had indeed been repaired but the shade (Silver) was not a match and so was obvious from a distance. The O/S front wheel was badly curbed, the windscreen scratched, the tailgate scratched in two places, the wood trim on the rear centre armrest was in a terrible state, the illuminated sill protectors were ruined, the rubber ring around the ignition key position was tatty, the drivers mirror was scratched etc etc... When you say "we hand them back" do you mean you work for Lexus GB because if you do you might pass these comments back because the system is clearly not working. I can give you the registration number and Dealer details if you want it.