Lexus has just quoted me £131 for my wheel bearing - eek - more expensive than I first thought. Is this what you'd expect to pay?

Also looked into getting replacement locking wheel nuts as the chrome is starting to come off a couple of them - £120 odd quid!

Ah, the joys of owning a luxury car eh!!!

Lexus has just quoted me £131 for my wheel bearing - eek - more expensive than I first thought. Is this what you'd expect to pay?

Also looked into getting replacement locking wheel nuts as the chrome is starting to come off a couple of them - £120 odd quid!

I take it that includes fitting ?

On wheels nuts (locking) try demon tweeks.........I got some mcard tuners and 16 normal nuts for £92.........lovely stuff

<snip>

They must be having a giraffe :ohmy: That is sooooo :sick:

The wheel nuts don't even show claire. Wouldn't worry about the plating coming off.

C

you can buy a nice set of blinging McGard chrome locking nuts in Halfords for about 25 quids

I also got stainless wheelnuts for a quid each - very nice they are too!! - let me know if you want the URL

Replacement nuts are not expensive.

You should be able to get those for GBP10 - 15 max.

Wheel bearing ... do you mean ball joints? GBP131 for 2 or for 1?

And is installation included? If not, than it is very expensive...

I paid about GBP120 or so for both of my lower front balljoints.

do you have the part number claire?

Claire,

Try calling Darrel at Sewells in the US and quote membership of the club. I'm sure the bearings and practically anything would be cheaper than over here.

Which wheel bearing is it Claire ?

It's £131 for just the wheel bearing, no fitting included and it's the front nearside wheel.

Would try to go and get this cheaper from the US, but can't be without the car for that long.

If anyone can advise of the cost of the wheel bearing I'd appreciate it - Lexus has called to say it's in today and I don't want to get stitched up!

Just checked Claire, that price is correct

Thanks for checking Chris, appreciate it.

I suppose the only saving grace here is that the garage I'm using is only going to charge about £50 for doing the work!