Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fox Racing Alloys - Any Good? 20% Off At Halfords

Been sniffing after new wheels for a while, but have been sidetracked by other financial necessities, sadly. My alloys are kerbed, corroded, just awful. My tyres are desperately knackered too. Decided that this has to be sorted, even though readies are limited at the moment.

Anyway, noticed some Alloy reductions in Halfords today, i.e., 20% off Fox Racing and OZ alloys. Loved the OZs, but a but pricey for me at present. A couple of the Fox models looked really good in my opinion though.

Has anybody got Fox alloys or can offer an opinion on them? Would appreciate any comments.

Price: after reduction about 650 all in with Hankook tyres. Hankook? Don't much about them either, except they are Korean! Another place near me will do the Fox's with Falkens for about the same price.

Have looked into refurbing my present alloys, but there isn't much saving to be made and fancied a change. Would love 18's but.....cash issue, insurance etc.

My budget is 650, for alloys and tyres, 700 tops.

So any suggestions would be really welcome. I'm no expert on this, I must admit (as is no doubt obvious!)

i been told fitment of alloy wheels are quite limited for is200 compared to other cars or if they did fit them they needed spacers!well i actually know someone with a is200, he spent long time looking for some alloy wheels & lot of them didnt fit & found one that did that needed spacers. unless Halfords fit them on i wouldnt recommend going there.they also given wrong advise or unsure when ever i(use to) go there! try elite direct in rainham, they a lways do deals there.

What do the garages do with the corroded alloys? Surely they must have some that they can sell which aren't as bad as others.

I must admit I'm on my 3rd set of alloys now and have only had the car 12 months, only 1 out of the 4 alloys was bad each time. It would be really great if we could buy them (especially for winter when the weather is crap - saves having to worry about keeping them clean if you have a spare set).

Any ideas anyone???

Thanks for the elite tip - I live in north kent, so that's a good location for me.

I looked on their website and they do some nice wheels. Noticed some by Kosei; the snipers I think. Did a search on here and a chap had fitted those to his lexus with pics - looked great. Not excessively expensive either. :)

So, Kosei snipers look a decent option. Any suggestions from elite's website:

www.elitedirect.com

Would be very welcome.

thanks again.

Def go the refurb route as wheels can be re-powdered and lacquered for £40 - 50 per wheel.

Hankooks esp sports K102) are actually good tyres along the lines of toyos and are used a lot by Impreza drivers. Try mytyres.co.uk as prices hard to beat.

Cheers

Alasdair

Guess you mean mine. Yup they were £700 for 4 x 17" with Khumo 712 tyres.

The tyres are a good budget tyre. I've been impressed with them.

Wish perhaps I'd gone for 18" but would have been more and wasn't sure about the ride comfort after coming from 16" and planning to lower the car too.

Bit fidly cleaning round the spokes on the Snipers but much easier to clean than the old textured 16" lexus wheels on the 2000 model S. I've managed to kerb mine a bit but apart from that I'm really happy with the wheels. They look good and found the weight was similar to the weight of the standard 17" wheels.

Went a bit mad and got 4x tecnomagnesio Montreals 18's from Elite Direct with Dunlop sp9000s. Being fitted next week. Their service was excellent - bought various wheels out, put them against my car etc. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Ah. there goes that budget.... :o

Now somebody will tell me tecnomagnesios are crap! Oh well.

Unfortunately, a car insurance issue has arisen. I told my current insurer and they say they can no longer insure me if i get 18' alloys! :angry:

Seems strange - i'm mid 30s with umpteen years no claims. Apparently this is immaterial.

So, either I change the order to 17's or go elsewhere. The latter I think, although I've got a few days to mull over it. :yawn: