Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is400 (drool)

Very nice fit :o :o :o

So it is possible :blink::blink:

A know a few members were thinking of this....

Chris, LS engine was going on eBay for £100 you can pick them up from breakers yards if your lucky, after all they can handle a million miles.

Or buy an LS for 2/3k.... and strip it!! you've got your money back :) Is block can also be sold too ;)

You need more than just the engine, the ECU would be needed. The engine in the picture is a 1998+ vvt-i unit which produces 300bhp in US form and you won't get one of those for £100. Don't see the point in doing it if you are only going to put in a 240bhp series 1 engine.

You need more than just the engine, the ECU would be needed. The engine in the picture is a 1998+ vvt-i unit which produces 300bhp in US form and you won't get one of those for £100. Don't see the point in doing it if you are only going to put in a 240bhp series 1 engine.

I disagree Colin, the 4.0 V8 in the VTR chimera produces only 240bhp, and yet can still do 0-60 in sub 5 seconds...

its all about the torque...

and hey, if you get a non-VVTi, think of the tuning options ..

Right, wheres my chequebook and TTE's phone number :hehe:

I disagree Colin, the 4.0 V8 in the VTR chimera produces only 240bhp, and yet can still do 0-60 in sub 5 seconds...

its all about the torque...

and hey, if you get a non-VVTi, think of the tuning options ..

Right, wheres my chequebook and TTE's phone number :hehe:

The TVR is quick because of it's weight and manual gearbox.

Torque and bhp are related, you normally get one with the other. The VVT-i version of the Lexus V8 is also well up on torque not just bhp.

There are many mods available from HKS for the standard 2.0 IS block - up to 650bhp with the 2.2L/Turbo kit and they have ECU mods also. The V8 will be a bit heavy, a 300bhp V8 IS200 will be lucky to hit 14s on the 1/4 mile.

There are many mods available from HKS for the standard 2.0 IS block - up to 650bhp with the 2.2L/Turbo kit and they have ECU mods also. The V8 will be a bit heavy, a 300bhp V8 IS200 will be lucky to hit 14s on the 1/4 mile.

There are hardly any mods for the standard IS200 engine, all the mods are for the Altezza 4 cylinder engine. A standard 280bhp GS430 does 1/4 mile in 15.0 so a 300 bhp manual gearbox IS will easily do 14 second 1/4 mile times.

The Lexus V8 is quite light being a modern engine, hardly any different between it and the 3.0 6 cylinder although it will be heavier than the 2.0 engine.

Point taken - I thought the Altezza & IS200 were same engine technology.

14s on the 1/4 is old hat these days, if you went to all that trouble I think I'd be expecting 11s or 12s!!!