Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oem Sat Nav Converter Gb

n30jjb

Is anyone interesed in a converter for your sat nav screen so that you can use it as a telly screen? The standard price is $190.00 plus shipping plus tax. If i can get enough ordered we can get some discount. Usual scenario the more we buy the more the discount.

Please post here if you are interested.

ME

dlayen

Pintail2432

Duncan

Bobski

Raz

Edited by n30jjb

Be more interested if this could be rigged with a camera for reversing....

But i guess then you have to find a camer, somwhere to mount it etc, etc

Argh.... this will really impress the gal dem.... :blush: If the price is right :whistling: and Duncs question 2 and more importantly

How does sound work? only out of 1 speaker? or the whole lot?

Sorry for the delay in answering you questions folks!

Right first off, this is a great product, but I must stress it is NOT a plug and play device! You doo have to cut into the Lexus wiring loom and do a little soldering.

What this product does is convert a Composite video signal ( PAL or NTSC ) into the RGB+s (NTSC) that the OEM sat nav screen needs.

As well as this converter you would need a realy and a switch mounted on the dash to switch the screen between the converter and the Sat Nav.

I have hidden mine in the ashtray like this

switch

Right the rough diagram for the relay etc I have as a word doc for anyone who wants it but I can't post it on here, unless anyone knows how???

As for sound, this converter does not help with that, so until a aux input for the Lexus Head unit (hint, hint steve) a tape adaptor is needed.

The Convertor will take any Composite video signal so it could be used with a camera for reversing, in which case you could use a feed off the reverse lights instead of the switch so it switches automaticly.

Sorry for my spelling on all this, I am trying to type fast cos I'm at work!!!!! :whistling:

Any other questions?

Just post them here and I'll answer them asap.

Hope all this helps,

Ian.

Will THIS CONVERTER Do the same job? I spoke to the guy on the phone and he says it will? I am still up for the product on the group buy I just wondered if this is cheaper and UK based if it will do the job. You guys are the atuo sparks wizards!!!

Will THIS CONVERTER Do the same job? I spoke to the guy on the phone and he says it will? I am still up for the product on the group buy I just wondered if this is cheaper and UK based if it will do the job. You guys are the atuo sparks wizards!!!

No because you need an RGB output to drive the LCD screen.

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links