Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Companys

mudzs

A couple of weeks ago my van was written of by a coach ,the whole side was caved in ,the accesser decided total loss and made me an offer on the van .problem was the van was a total loss before (front end) but had been fully repaired using all reno parts and had passed an mot and had two services by reno so van very roadworthy.the accesser decides to devalue my van by £2000 because of this , basicly the same as any other van of the its year in fact some parts are newer due to the accident ,what realy peeves me is they have been taking the same payments as someone with the same van that has not had an accident previos but are willing to knock me on the value ,and then when i ask to buy the van back they want to charge me top salvage value ,even though i pointed out it should be less due to the fact it was written of before ,only to be told that that rule dos'ent count for salvage :angry: .just can't win with :tsktsk: insurance companys .to cap it all i have a snotty bitch telling me it was my fault for buying the van and i should have bought one that had not been in a whack as then i would have got full market value . :yack:.anyone got any experience of this and maybe offer some advice .

Hmmmm, well its just my thinking but unless the van was classed (logged) as a write off before it was repaired then it shouldnt matter....or should it?...provided it was repaired correctly.

the reason why the accessor de valued the van is its been repaired previously.they must of known if it was repaired through insurance or its been bought like that at first so then it be on the history. is like when p/x a car & they found out is been involved in a accident gives them a good reason to de value it. as for salvage well there bunch of cowboys, i always hear about them ripping people off all time.

So they took a full premium off you knowinh they would only have to pay out a reduced write-off figure - ombudsman spring to mind ... :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links