Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200

borme

My sons IS 200 needs a new clutch at 100000kms.

Its proving hard to even get a garage to do it.

One Lexus garage gave me a quote and said we need to also change the power steering motor at the same time, as it "touches" and if we dont, the clutch will start playing up again later?

What they mean by this word I do not know?

Any clues?

Tony

hello tony,

where in france are you? i ask as i believe there is only 1 real lexus dealer in FR and the rest are mainly toyota that sell lexus and most that i have seen have crappy workshops ( i am near Alsace)

i think its total bull********* to say that they need to change the power steering pump as well. What is the french word that they used - maybe got lost in translation?

Thanks

I am at Nice, there is a dealer at Cannes and another at Monaco it was the Monaco people my wife contacted I have seen their showroom but the faxed quote mentions Toyota Monaco. 670 euros, 2000 with the steering change.

Toyota Nice are no longer Lexus dealers as it went to Star Auto at Cannes.

They refused to do it because as they said too many Lexus owners make bookings and dont turn up.

The expression they relayed to my wife who is French was Ca touche!

Makes me wonder if its a design feature can it interfere with the clutch operation?

Tony

Thanks

I am at Nice, there is a dealer at Cannes and another at Monaco it was the Monaco people my wife contacted I have seen their showroom but the faxed quote mentions Toyota Monaco. 670 euros, 2000 with the steering change.

Toyota Nice are no longer Lexus dealers as it went to Star Auto at Cannes.

They refused to do it because as they said too many Lexus owners make bookings and dont turn up.

The expression they relayed to my wife who is French was Ca touche!

Makes me wonder if its a design feature can it interfere with the clutch operation?

Tony

ok, as it says toyota monaco, that is perfectly normal - its a toyota garage that also sells the lexus brand. I think that €670 isnt toooo bad at the dealer considering your area and providing it includes parts and labour etc but it will be cheaper if u get it done elsewhere.

as mat has said the power steering pump has nothing to do with the clutch operation and i cant understand when they say it "touches" - i think u will have to call back and get them to explain exactly what they mean and what is thier reasoning behind wanting to change the pump as well

- If it has only been your wife calling then they might be trying to scam her ???

Thank Guys

I will get a quote from JPV at Puget sur Agens also they are a toyota/Lexus dealers as well as mini etc.

The car was sold by them originally and their workshop is huge and very modern.

The agents at Cannes said they had never done a clutch in a Lexus mind you they havent been dealers for very long.

I had to do the water pump as well some time back combined with a belt change 100000 km service and brake re line the bill was 1500 euros!!!!

They dont seem to hold their value here but the public seem to love them, dealers my son has spoken to, are not enthusiastic about a trade!

Its a dec 99 6speed 105000 kms with full body kit and the book value seem to be only about 10000 euros

Tony