Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've done the equivalent week's town driving with the same amount of petrol in Normal mode and Power mode with my same driving style (never in a rush) and I got more mpgs in Power mode.

I prefer the response you get in Power mode, in case you need it.

In Power mode the car is more responsive, it kicks down easier, and revs higher/holds gears longer before changing up.

Does Power mode affect normal driving when on, i.e. does it rev higher/hold gears longer without being kicked down or does the power mode only impact on kick downs?

In Power mode the car is more responsive, it kicks down easier, and revs higher/holds gears longer before changing up.

Does Power mode affect normal driving when on, i.e. does it rev higher/hold gears longer without being kicked down or does the power mode only impact on kick downs?

Haven't you answered your own question there? Yes in power mode it revs the engine higher before changing up a gear and changes down under less load. Under full throttle it makes no difference to the revs as normal mode will rev to the red line.

Power mode may also increase the line pressure to make the gear change quicker and I believe on the series II it also slightly reduces the traction control sensitivity.

Haven't you answered your own question there? Yes in power mode it revs the engine higher before changing up a gear and changes down under less load. Under full throttle it makes no difference to the revs as normal mode will rev to the red line.

Power mode may also increase the line pressure to make the gear change quicker and I believe on the series II it also slightly reduces the traction control sensitivity.

I guess what I was trying to ask was, if I drive normally in Power mode without booting the car around, would the gear box react the same as if Normal mode was selected?