Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do You Turn The Reverb Off?

MJB

I finally bit the bullet and replaced the original Japanese audio unit in my imported SC430 with a UK-spec Lexus model.

All seems wonderfull but I cannot for the life of me work out how to turn off the silly reverb effect on the FM radio.

Any suggestions??

(In case you're wondering, yes I will ask the workshop that fitted it, but they've all gone home for the long weekend!)

Thanks for any help,

Martin

It's one of those daft and pointless 'sound enhancement' features that lets yuo put a wash of various types of horrible reverb over whatever you're listening to (not that uncommon on many car hi-fi systems).

Usually settings are given names like "concert hall", "speech" etc.

Never seen the point of them.

I take it you don't know how to control it on the SC430, then!

• 4 weeks later...

Ah yes, wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy...

Why not? becasue the UK front-end unit has no on-off switch for reverb!

It transpires that before removing the faulty Japanese 'front end' of the audio system, the engineer had accidentally switched on the reverb effect which only the Japanese system seems to have.

When he fitted the new UK-spec front end, the inner workings of the system still had a reverb switched on, but with no capability from the new front end to switch it off.

So.... the engineer had to re-fit the Japanese unit, turn the reverb off, then re-fit the English unit again.

All is working perfectly and at last I can use all the functions of the FM and AM radio to perfection!

Phew. Just as well, considering the whole exercise has cost me well in excess of £1000 !!!!

Thanks,

Martin