Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400..in The Dark!

I know this topic has been discussed many times but has anyone an update on the expected delivery(year will do) of the RX400. I for one am getting somewhat impatient with the lack of communication from Lexux UK seeing that I have put down a deposit and have heard nothing from either Lexus or the dealer. I phoned Lexus this week to be met with a total lack of info. I need to prepare finance etc and I hate the fact that I am expected to sit in the wings and wait for any news. I can understand that they may have to put the delivery back for wharever reason, but that should not mean that we are given the mushroom treatment.. LEXUS get your act together.

I think the latest estimate is May/June 2005. I believe that Lexus GB never recommened to dealers that deposits were taken for the 400h, they haven't even annouced pricing or specification yet.

In contrast, my dealer tells me that Lexus UK requires to know the names of all those who have paid a deposit for a RX400 and that all these pre-orders will, up to a certain cut-off point, receive their vehicles in the first allocation of UK cars.

A couple of US articles on RX400's can be found at: http://www.autoblog.com/category/lexus