Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying Rx300 Sel

Hi everybody

Like several of you guys I am near to purchasing a new RX 300. But I see it is a little slower and less powerfull than the equivalent BMW. Also no one talks about its off road capabilities. Does anyone feel it is underpowered at all and has anyone used it off road to any great degree? I have driven one and really like it. But have not driven a BMW or a Mercedes. Also how does it compare to the Toureg?

Ian

Compared to the VW with the same size engine it is quicker and handles better on-road. What Car? done a test between the two and the Lexus came out on top on just about every catagory. It's also cheaper if you spec the VW to the Lexus standard (not that you can fully).

Off-road, not really it's thing but the X3 and X5 are very poor there. Have a look here for off-road info:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=15961&

I think the RX is pretty quick for a 4X4 Acceleration is good for the size of it. The kickdown for overtaking is also excellent.A good motorway car. Good handling and as nippy as you want it to be if you use the shift and the power switches. and a smoother more luxurious car hard to find.

Everyone has their own thoughts.

But we also own a V10 Touareg and you can not compare against the RX300 two different cars.

Now I think the Lexus is the best thing from slice bread for what it is

but if I'm honest the Touareg is a far better 4x4 the road manners are much more superior that the Lexus which came as a big shock to me.

Sorry.

The

Rx300 drives beautifully, good on the motorway and around town. Power is perfectly adequate although some would say you can never have enough power - if you fall into this band buy a Porche Cayenne Turbo.

I have driven my neighbours when he had it and it was mental. It could warp space and time in a straight line, but he sold it after only owning it for two months - just couldn't justify the running costs.

Have only been down some dirt tracks in the RX and over a rough field once or twice and it coped admirably. Its the most off road I'm ever likely to do with it.

I really like driving the Rx, even more so than My Audi TT 225 which I traded for it.

Go on and buy an Rx - you know you it makes sense and you won't be disappointed.

RxMike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links