Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Are The Rx's Real Competitors?

I think that a lot of the engine power is being used to generate the electricity for the motors rather than being applied to the wheels which is why you don't get the full combined output.

As the Toyota Volta shows it is possible to get 408bhp out of the system.

If it was only 60bhp on the motors the thing would never move if you put it in electric only mode ;)

• 3 weeks later...

That has been seen before. Just somebody who didn't research what they were writing. Assumed the motors are 40bhp because that is the difference between the engine power and the total power. Also the fuel consumption is a figure that Lexus has released in the past however he has missed the point on that one - Lexus has stated again and again that it will be better mpg than a current compact sedan (27.6 mpg combined figure)

• 4 months later...
Part of Jeremy Clarksons write up on the test drive of the RX :---

So what’s the alternative for around £37,000? I’m no fan of the BMW X5 or the VW Toe-Rag, the Porsche Cayenne V6 isn’t very bling, the Mercedes ML is 500 years old, the Discovery is for murderers (they all have one) and you’re more likely to find an NHS dentist in Scarborough than a Volvo XC90 on the roads. So that leaves the Range Rover, which unfortunately is a deal more expensive

A Range Rover tut tut.

Here what's you want

Pferdestärken 313

Engine cubic capacity 4921

Fuel Consumption

Urban 16.5mpg - 17.1l/100km

Extra-urban 28.8mpg - 9.8l/100km

Combined 23.0mpg - 12.2l/100km

Engine emissions 332g/km

Engine noise levels 72.0dB

Engine maximum Speed 140mph - 225km/h

Engine acceleration 0-62mph 7.8secs

Maximum output PS 313

at RPM 3750

Maximum torque 553 lbs.ft / 750 Nm

at RPM 2000

Please note: The maximum power output figures are quoted in PS (or Pferdestärken, which is the metric equivalent of horsepower). To convert from metric to imperial horsepower, divide the PS figure by 1.0139.

This is the most powerful production passenger diesel engine in the world.

What is it well it's our V10 TOUAREG. :ohmy::ohmy:

The Lexus is mine and well I think it's a 4x4 for the women. :winky:

Sorry but it is mostly women who drive the RX. :whistling:

The RX should be compaired to the Rav's and Hyundia's and all other jap stuff :yack:

Not German manufactures. :D

See ya :P

:yack: Hey buddy, you forgot the 50K+ price tag on the toe rag, I drove one and it aint all that for british roads. B)

Its funny that this topics come back up again. A few weeks ago I stuck in an order for a Range Rover Sport because I want something more rugged and a bit more powerful. I like the 'normal' Range Rover but its a bit too Country House for me. The RR Sport is (I think) the ideal answer. I don't know when I will get my car yet but the funny thing is I have really started to enjoy my RX lately, so I really dont care that much. Surely not how I should be feeling!

My wife will be taking over the RX when the Rangey arrives, it will be interesting to see which one we choose for the family holidays (got a feeling it will be the RX)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links