Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Please Help With Hid Install!

aido

Think so mate, all connectors are plugged in.

If I took the fuse out both lights went out at the same time so assumed the same fuse controlled both?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got bored of the Cossie has he :P

I think I tied it down to the three 10amp fuses in the top right hand corner of the fuse box as you look at it from the front of the car.

The left hand one control drivers side lights, and the middle one does the passenger side, and I guess the right hand one controls headlight levelling.

Have given up for tonight as it's pitch black outside now :(

Will have a quick play in the morning but she's in for the 70k tomorrow so will ask the dealer to have a look if I can't sort it first thing

Cheers fellas :)

Getting there slowly but surely :lol:

Got to say the one I've got working does look very good, couldn't believe the difference between the HID bulb and the XWhite I've got in.

The XWhite looks white as anything normally but this just killed it!

Mat, I'm dangerous everywhere I go :P

Colin, on the side that doesn't work, it's purely the dipped (my HID) and the wedge sidelight that aren't working.

Main beam is fine as is the indicator.

Very strange indeed - never tried swapping the fuse in the HID harness though Pete - would that affect the wedge sidelight as well?

Another thing, the two connections I've got going to the positive side of the Battery (left hand side right) - they're touching - would that cause any problems?

:lol:

Thought it had taken you a while to get those pics up!

Pete, no beer since Saturday night fella, then just the one can on the way back yesterday - I'm dry :D

Any idea's of what I could check in the morning before I go to the dealers?

I guess the gameplan will be as follows:

1) Check fuse in HID harness

2) Disconnect LHS HID dipped light to see if sidelight returns

3) Ensure fuse I identified does affect both side and wedge lights.

4) Check all connections again.

5) Try relay & fuse from dodgy harness on known good harness.

Ran multimeter on the GND connection and she was still reading between 0.0005 and 0.0007 on the side that's not working.

Anything I should add to the list?

In the main fuse box in the engine bay H-LP R LWR and H-LP L LWR are the fuses for the dipped beam. The little side light still works with those fuses removed. Those fuses are at the bottom right of the fusebox.

Bottom left are H-LP L URP and H-LP R URP which are for the main beam. Again they don't affect the sidelight.

Couldn't you have started this in the morning, that way I wouldn't have to crawl about in the dark ;)

The sidelights are sourced from a 10A fuse called TAIL in the drivers footwell. Both operate from the same fuse.

That wouldn't be fun then Colin would it :)

Aint you got a torch :P

Thanks Colin, I'm well confused now!

If both sidelights are done by the tail fuse then I may have damaged the connectors to the sidelight and headlight if only one side is working?

Will have to try another light as well actually to see if the sidelight has blown?

Think I will try moving the bulb over to the other side of the car to see if it lights over there.

Can't see naff all now so going to call it an early night and start again early in the morning before the car is handed over to the dealer!

Thanks again for this guys, I owe you all a few beers next time I see you all!

Cheers Pete :P

Just noticed something - what is making the high pitched noise in the engine bay when it's not started - have never had my head in there when the engine's been off and the lights are on before!

Is it the alternator or something?