Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Possible Ls Owner Soon....

Hello all, first of all, I'd like to say this is one of the most organized respectable, car forum website I have seen, the information is great.

Currently I am driving a 99 Toyota Corolla, it's one of my mom's cars, she drives a Camry so she let me drive the Rolla. Ever since I have been interested in cars, which was about 10 years ago, I am 18 now, I have wanted a Lexus, my dad being a Finance Manager at my Uncles Dealership in my hometown he has drove home a variety of different cars, including a few Lex's. Although my dad could possibly help me get any car from the dealership I want, I have decided to be semi-dependent and try to help buy my first car. I recently found a 1993 LS 400 with 130000 for 6 grand at a local dealership. 1. Is that a good deal if the car is mechanically sound? 2. What kind of matienence costs am I gonna be looking at anually? 3. Could I get my car serviced at my uncles dealership for less? 4. How would you rate a 1993 LS, are they known to cause problems or are they very realiable if taken care of properly?

I may have more questions soon, but if you all could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I can soon own my own LS and become a part of this excellent owners community :D

The MKII LS400 which I believe that one is (check to see if it has airbags, if it does then it's a MKII) are very good cars, the MKI was almost perfect in it's day and the MKII just added a couple of things that were missing.

As regards the price, it's a little on the high-side, it's not uncommon to see MKIII's appearing for less than £7k and are more modern inside plus have a few other useful tweaks.

You should get about 30MPG on a good run and even though the insurance is quite a high-group, as in most cases even though insurance costs are high they are not outrageous like a lot of people seem to think a group 18+ car would be.

Good choice, but work on the price a bit.

Hi Aholda, welcome to LOC.

You may also want to post your questions on the US forums to get a better info about running costs etc. as they vary from country to country. You also probably won't get 30mpg as US gallons are smaller than imperial ones.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/