Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Satnav Doesn't Know About Wood Green

On Saturday I went to Stanmore (north London) and then had to go to Wood Green (also north London).

Normally I would have gone via my home address but I thought I'd see if my SatNav had a better alternative. That's when I found that my SatNav doesn't have Wood Green as a town, I only needed the SatNav to get me close to Wood Green as I know my way from there. I tried a few other "towns" I know in North London and SatNav didn't have them.

I got around this by using railway statations as the SatNav does know about Underground stations. It also has the first part of the post code (ie N22 for Wood Green), but you'd have to know all the post code locations to get anywhere in London

So my question is why doesn't SatNav know about London towns. I might be missing something here so any advice about the SatNav is most welcome.

what version of the sat nav disc are you using? the nav in my is200 is different as i cant use postcodes, just street names and towns but ive not come across anywhere thats not been found yet apart from the m6 toll road!

what version of the sat nav disc are you using? the nav in my is200 is different as i cant use postcodes, just street names and towns but ive not come across anywhere thats not been found yet apart from the m6 toll road!

My RX300 is two months old so my SatNav is the same age.

The SatNav doesn't accept a full post code but only the the first part of the post code which for London acts as a district code (ie N2 = East Finchley).

Is it just that they are all considered as 'London' so entering London as the town and then the address would work correctly?

London's a big place. What your suggesting is fine if I have a street name.

But in my case I wanted to get from town (a) to town (B) within London and the SatNav can't handle this directly.

My wife wasn't amused when after 10 minutes of fiddling around with the SatNav we were still parked in the car park. I was determined that SatNav should obey my will and then found that I could put in the train station name. So wife complaining, kids screaming we were on our way.