Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaning Stuff For Your Lex?

Gully

could anyone help me recommend some products to wash and polish my Lex IS200 SE in graphite grey? i am not looking for vastly expensive stuff but something reasonable that I can pick up in a shop such as Halfords, but does the job fine.

and what about cleaning inside the car? any recommendations for that?

any help is appreciated :) :driving:

To be honest mate I use Meguiars NXT wash & polish, works well.

Probably best off buying some NXT shampoo for about a tenner, buy some of the Stage 1 Paint Cleaner for about a tenner, and then get some NXT polish and wax for about £15.

About £45 in all but will work wonders to your car.

There are some pics somewhere in an old thread I had - will try and find it so you can see what to expect.

To be honest mate I use Meguiars NXT wash & polish, works well.

Probably best off buying some NXT shampoo for about a tenner, buy some of the Stage 1 Paint Cleaner for about a tenner, and then get some NXT polish and wax for about £15.

About £45 in all but will work wonders to your car.

There are some pics somewhere in an old thread I had - will try and find it so you can see what to expect.

from where do i get this stuff aido mate ?

Not an advert fellas but you can get it from www.speeding.co.uk or even directly from Meguiars own online shop at www.meguiars.co.uk

You can also get these from the LOC Car Shop (Autopia) at www.lexuscarcare.com - they're cheaper but ship the stuff from the USA so slightly longer lead time - they've been great when I've used them :)

What about Lexus car wash, Chris Shipley gave me some and it works a treat - they've done my car with it today as well and she looks really good again.

About a tenner from the dealers I think

BTW mate, there was a thread ages ago that warned about people damaging their alloys with some of the special cleaners, from what I remember they were discolouring the alloy - may be worth sticking to the normal car wash olution for the job unless you have some serious crap on there you cannot shift?

mer is an abrasive polish, meguires are a company that uses non abrasive polish.

in other words, when you use mer you slowly remove your paint! as is what a polish is for but some are just harsher than others