Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just had a problem on the family lexus...driving along temp warning went and steam out the front - rac think the radiator is gone and needing replacing...any idea how much will cost and how long a job? Also worth getting done at lexus uk rip off rates or going somewhere else (suggestions in the St Albans Herts area welcome!)

Thanks.....Stu

Hi Stu,

Get someone in to take a look and see if the rad can be repaired. I had to do mine a while back and so far - touch wood - not been a problem.

A new rad can cost anywhere from £400 upwards, a repair only cost £200, that also with a new core. If you have a look through the Yellow Page - Yell.com under radiator repairs, you should be a ble to locate someone near you.

Hope this help you.

BR

Paul

Also Welcome to the Club.

See if it can be fixed, otherwise...

I recently had to get a new radiator fitted, and Lexus price was way over £500.

The garage I used found a brand new pattern part for £200+VAT. You just need to speak to some motor spares places and you should be ok if you want to buy a pattern part.

Just in case, here's a place in the US that sells rads for Lexus. Your one would cost $256 (£146) + postage + duty.

http://www.carpartswholesale.com/

Sounds like it would be a pattern part.

Here is another place selling Lexus rads cheaply.

The link is for an LS400, but they would do GS300s too.

http://www.webradiator.com/autoparts/LEXUS/ls400.html

When I had the mk 1 I had to replace the rad which the dealer wanted over £400 for (part only). I managed to find a place in leicester which did a pattern one for £145. I cant remember what their details are but i think they were called "Leicester radiators", try directory enquiries.