Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removing Boot Spacer

aido

OK, my new gear knob turned up but it doesn't fit :(

Says that the boot spacer may need removing from the leather gaiter, I've had a look and it appears that everything is one big part and is covered in the leather - anyone know how to remove the boot spacer please?

Thanks in advance

I'm in there mate but the leather goes all the way around inside - do you just cut the leather to remove or is there an easier way so that it can be put back to normal at a later date?

That's the two that didn't fit!!!!

Tom's one too big so I gave it away and I've got a TRD one today p/n 33504-SP003 - the thread is too high up the knob so it doesn't fit.

I was looking at a web page and it said that the boot spacer would need removing to make it fit which made sense since it's too big :(

i had gear knobs that dont fit, but not anymore, when they did the leather retrim, they took the OEM gaiter out with that ring thing on the top of the gaiter (could that be the boot spacer you on about matey?), now without that ring bit i can fit any knobs on without any problems......

Ah Tony, that ring thing is exactly what I'm on about, I was looking at a Momo one that came with a whole new gaiter - maybe that would lower it enough?

forgot to say my new gaiter is not fit down at the top, which i dont mind too much about, but i suppose the Momo one should fit, just need some work to make it nice and tidy......

Aido mate, to get the knobs to fit u will need to trim about 7 /8 mm off the bottom of the knob, assuming its plastic u can do this easily, use a saw or if it really comes to it use a serrated knife - watch those fingers!

Pete, turned out to be a problem with one of the ballasts which I need to get replaced so they're deinstalled and it could be a while before I get the new set!

Rob, it's a leather gear knob so it will look **** if it's cut down like that :(

Going to try and get a refund - do any of you know if the IS300 manual has a longer stick than the IS200? Guess it's a difficult one as it's only in the US and they haven't seen an IS200 to compare :o

I've asked Steve Ganz if he can check whether it fits the IS300 over there or not.....