Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

At least it is a stick on. So if you are not happy it can come off! But if it does look okay then I think a more permanent fix would be required.

I had the leaping Cat on my new S-Type it looked well. About the only good thing I can say about the car!!!! Post pic of the "Flying L" when it's on .

• 4 weeks later...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

The LS is a £50,000 car and you want to stick a tacky little emblem on it!

It was designed by geniuses spending billions on its development and was never designed to be all show and no go.

I've seen those tacky rotating wheel covers on a Rover 216. They're in the same vein and look like some sort of cook-ware. GROSS!

Let me tell you Flotsam that it looks if its factory fitted and I like it so thats all that matters.You say that badges/emblems are tacky so could you explain why most of the top marques have them.I would also add that only the 400 would suit the emblem.

Andy as I stated in my first post I think the 400 would be the only model that could take this emblem. Cos of the size of it!(car not the badge!) Iused to have a Mk1 Ls and if the emblem was of good quality (and you say it is) then I would have tried it. Alot of the IS 200 guys on here have bodykits etc. and some of them look great but Ive seen some kits that spoil the car. There is not a great range of mods for the LS range and some little sutble changes can make your car that little bit special. In any case its your car so do what you like mate. Would like to see pics if you have them. I think it will look good but that is my personal opinion.

You say that badges/emblems are tacky so could you explain why most of the top marques have them.

So how do you explain the Aston Martin Lagonda then? That's a top marque and it's completely tacky throughout.

Isn't there something about these type of badges being illegal now, because of potential injury to a pedestrian in a collision? I thought that was why neither Jags nor Mercs have them these days.

Maybe that's a question for the new legal forum though.

The legal issue with the bonnet mascots is that they should not be solid. i.e. They must retract or move. The Merc is spring mounted. There is an aftermarket leaping cat for the Jaguar and that rotates so that on contact it will move. The exact legal issue will have to be checked. I know that the flying Lady on the RR completely disappears into the grille!

The legal issue with the bonnet mascots is that they should not be solid. i.e. They must retract or move. The Merc is spring mounted. There is an aftermarket leaping cat for the Jaguar and that rotates so that on contact it will move. The exact legal issue will have to be checked. I know that the flying Lady on the RR completely disappears into the grille!

"I know that the flying Lady on the RR completely disappears into the grille!"

Sounds like Mrs Dipstick making toast.

Ah, well if it's legal when the emblem is movable it must be ok - don't suppose a 3m sticky pad will fight much against the weight of a pedestrian.