Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Bumper Gaurd

While nosing round the U.S. Lexus site I noticed that on top of there rear bumper they have what appears to be a rubber mat to protect the bumper. Does anyone know if these can be bought over here and where I can get one for my 2004 RX300se. I posted this on U.S. forum and got a couple of replies but I would rather not have it shipped over from there. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a metal bumper guard fitted to mine which covers the same area as the black rubber one shown in the photo.

It cost £188.20 from Lexus Brighton, and really improoves the look of the rear of the car.

Can try and get some pics if anyones interested.

Part No is T08475-48803 CORNER BUMPER PROTECTOR

I have a feeling that this part was originally for the Mark 1 Rx 300, but I have a Mark 2 RX 300 SEL and it fits like it was made for it.

Came with good workshop instructions and I fiited it in about 20 mins.

Looks great and has the LEXUS name and Logo embossed on it.

I have only ever seen one other RX300 fitted with it and that was also supplied by Lexus Brighton :winky:

Dear all

Will post a pic as soon as I can get around to taking one, will be after the weekend though I'm afraid.

I think the metal one looks better than the rubber one myself, at least with Platinum Ice but I will post asap and you can be the judge.

RxM

As a matter of interest I went into lexus Wolverhampton and asked about rear bumper protection. All they seemed to be aware of was a clear thin plastic cover to go over the rear bumper yet when I pointed out that on the Lexus RX300SE-L accessory list, I looked up on the internet, it clearly shows a black polypropylene self adhesive protector. However the sales rep will look into it for me so no complaints there.

Don't get me wrong the service I have had from them cannot be faulted however I would have thought that they would be aware of the accessories available, and if not, then had the appropriate brochures as a reference point.

Also for that car they seem to only have fixed tow bars yet on my MK1 there is a choice and I have a detachable one on that. Looking at the USA lexus dealerships the RX330 version seems to have a detachable tow hitch why not the UK version.

While on the USA site they have distance censors which reduce speed automatically to the speed of the car in front if in cruise mode if I read it correctly,

but not on the uk version, hopefully Lexus will address this safety feature and soon include it on the UK models as well.

By the way the delivery date I have been given is 1 to 2 weeks which I think is excellent against the BMW X5 wait of 14 months.

So yet again other car retailers makes could learn a lot from Lexus on how to please their customers.

At the moment very happy bunny

Realspeed

• 1 month later...

Just fitted mine. No problems. Good fit with no gaps.

Peel off protective tape and press firmly into position having made sure the bumper is clean and dry. There's a small mark at midpoint which you line up with the boot catch to get the correct position.

It might not be clear in the photographs but it is embossed with the Lexus name and looks very smart as well as being practical.

Thanks to Lexus Edinburgh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big thank you to Lexus Edinburgh for sending the rear bumper guard. I have just recieved it and it is exactly what I wanted and so easy to put on the car.

Also can I thank the Lexus Owners Club on here for enabling me to obtain it as my local Lexus centre, be it very good, has not been able to get me one.

Realspeed

• 7 months later...

:P

While nosing round the U.S. Lexus site I noticed that on top of there rear bumper they have what appears to be a rubber mat to protect the bumper. Does anyone know if these can be bought over here and where I can get one for my 2004 RX300se. I posted this on U.S. forum and got a couple of replies but I would rather not have it shipped over from there. Thanks in advance for any help.

:P Insisted one be fitted f.o.c. when i done the deal for my RX300 SE. Lexus Woodford only to happy to oblige.

:P

:P Insisted one be fitted f.o.c. when i done the deal for my RX300 SE. Lexus Woodford only to happy to oblige.

Could not have negotiated your discount hard enough if they chucked that in for free ;)... I got to point they would not give me the boot liner !...they were prepared to walk away from deal rather than give it to me :D

• 1 month later...
My first batch of Bumper Gaurds have arrived.

If anyone wants one, please email Laurie on lhughes@easternholdings.co.uk, he will sort it out for you.

Ian

CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME HAVE PRICE FOR THE BUMPER GAURDS.IS IT RUBBER OR METAL. THANKS HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON :zee: