Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Much Extra Is The Styling Kit Worth?

Anees

Hi,

I am going to be buying my first IS200 in the next month or so. :)

One thing I really like is the Styling Kit fitted on some models. I recently saw two IS200 Sports for sale. One for £10,500 with the Lexus Styling Kit fitted, the other for £9,995 without the styling kit, but lower milage and a year newer.

My question is how much more is a Lexus with a styling kit worth over one without?

If I bought one without the kit, what other body kits are available that look very similar to it?

Thanks,

Anees

The styling kit is around £2000 extra when purchasing a new car however Lexus had offered this for £700 in the past as a special offer.

I guess it's worth about £500 extra on a user car but would cost you more if you wanted to add it yourself.

welcome to the club...

well to put things into perspective for you, if you were to buy the styling kit at a later date and retro-fit the kit, then your looking at approx 1500 quid i beleive,, certainly the front bumper alone will set you back nearly 300 quid then you will need it painted and fitted on top of that price..

as for other kits around,, generelly the kits from japan will fit without a problem but the US kits are slightly bigger so will require some fudging, plus import tax etc..

so question is do you want a newer less miliage car and then fork out for a body kit, or would you be happy with an older more milage car with the styling kit and saving the expense and hassle of getting a retro-fit kit..

:ohmy::excl: I have suddenly come over all faint after hearing those prices!

Now that I have picked myself off the floor - I think that the car with the styling kit is probably worth it.

The car with the styling kit is a 2000/W in Black. It has standard 17" alloys however.

The car without the styling kit is a 2001/Y in Silver

Where their any major changes to the 2001 car over the 2000 one? I have read alot about changes with the stereo and such in later cars.

However, their must be similar looking bodykits available for a much reduced price?

I just want something subtle and stylish.

Thanks.

PS If any members are interested in selling their IS200 Sport (preferably in Black) then please send me a PM. My maximum price is around £10K

The prices are a bit high I agree! :ohmy: wanted one my self but I can't justify that sort of money.

I know after looking in the gallery here of the other cars that there are many other good/better styling kits out there but I don't know of the names.

I'm sure someone else will tell you! :)

dharms12, You have a PM :)

Yes, its true Autotrader does seem to have a few good IS200s, some as cheap as £6500 :o !! but with milage at 130K+!

I want something with low milage so I can keep the car for a good few years.

I'd really like the Sport version and in black if possible. Platinum Ice is also a nice colour but does seem to be abit common - black just seems abit more exclusive! (Sorry if I offended anyone with a lovely Platinum Ice IS200, its still my second choice colour!! :))

I will keep on with my quest.

Anees

PS If any members are interested in selling their IS200 Sport (preferably in Black) then please send me a PM. My maximum price is around £10K

I remember someone was selling there black sport to get a BMW 8series, can't remember who though :D

er im pretty sure if you source the parts yourself and have them fitted and sprayed yourself then its gonna be lgihter on the pocket.

I have heard the side skirts can be as little as £250 a pair, allow a hundred quid for paintin then fit em yourself (easy as hell)

I remember someone was selling there black sport to get a BMW 8series, can't remember who though :D

Ha ha ha..... :whistling:

£600+ for side skirts is bit steep especially if it dont include VAT & sprray+fiting!

if u mean would the car be worth more(with styling kit) when it comes to selling it then shouldnt think so unless is standard factory fitment which i dont think it is on a lexus is200. is like 'max power'(sorry!) feature cars that got full body kit, lowered, sound install, flip paint etc.......when these owners come to selling it they put the price up sky high(higher than what its actually worth) because they spent say 10 grand on modifications not to mention time & effort. i always had impression from friends/family that however much you spend on the car in terms of mods it wont increase the for sale price(some people do increase it anyway), if anything it de value the car's price.

when i looked at modified( or slightly) cars i always had salesman saying well its lowered, got new alloys etc when i try reduce the price!

my experience / thoughts anyway.

The prices depend what kit you are talking about.

The Aero kit doesn't have side skirts, it has a new combined front bumber/grille, a rear skirt and 18" flat spoke wheels. Like this one:

http://www.lexus.co.uk/detail?template=/le...7749&vidindex=3

Currently there is the body kit available which I believe was also available before the aero kit came out.

http://www.lexus.co.uk/graphics/modelrange/is/is_bodykit.jpg

When I was looking for my Lex I was told by Lexus Tunbridge Wells that the Styling Kit added £500 to the price of a 2nd hand IS200.

But when I actually bought my car from Twickenham the salesman told me they had reduced the price of my car by £250 because they couldn't sell it as it had the styling kit and 18s!! :o

Then again my car is a funny spec and probably quite hard to put a value on.

Their loss... my gain! :D

The prices depend what kit you are talking about.

The Aero kit doesn't have side skirts, it has a new combined front bumber/grille, a rear skirt and 18" flat spoke wheels. Like this one:

http://www.lexus.co.uk/detail?template=/le...7749&vidindex=3

Currently there is the body kit available which I believe was also available before the aero kit came out.

http://www.lexus.co.uk/graphics/modelrange/is/is_bodykit.jpg

:yahoo: Do you know where you can get the aero package. Looks nicer then the noemall lexus styling kit!

Do you know the cost?

Cheers mate

Ray

:yahoo: Do you know where you can get the aero package. Looks nicer then the noemall lexus styling kit!

Do you know the cost?

Cheers mate

Ray

This is the normal kit. There are more cars about with this kit on than the Toyota one with side skirts.

It's the TTE kit. You can see it here:

http://www.tte.de/tuning/website/CarModels...exus-is200.html

Lexus stopped doing it because of problems with the headlamp washers and HID headlights but I believe that is resolved now and removing the headlamp washers on an older IS200 isn't a problem as it only has normal headlights.

TTE parts are available through your Lexus dealer. The wheels are available direct from your dealer. Not sure on the costs, the front bumper is around £300 but that will need spraying to the colour of your car.