Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2004 Which? Car

Kremmen

This years Which? Car 2004/2005 still has the IS200/300 as a Best Buy :)

Troublespots have gone from 'Exterior Trim' of last year to 'None' again for this year.

The only low marks are boot size and storage space. I have no problems with either. Horses for courses.

The only major change is that 'Theft From' has plummeted from a few years ago where it was with the best down to 4/10. I can only assume that this is a direct result of some cars now having laminated glass all round ?

The main editorial indicates that this model is a worthy winner as has been shown by it's 'Best Buy' status for the last 4 years running.

Agreed then :)

Not sure why the theft from has gone down so much. Very few cars have laminated glass all round. We all know it's easy to open the boot on the IS unless you lock it with the key but that has always been the case.

The only other bad mark was fuel which was 'Very high'

We all know it's easy to open the boot on the IS unless you lock it with the key but that has always been the case.

Is it easy to open the boot? How easy? Does locking with the key disable the remote?

'Cos if you don't manually double lock the boot with the key (twist it half a turn) the driver window can be broken and the boot lid then popped via the internal release. Double locking with the key disables the internal release. Still won't stop a thief breaking the window and trying though...

This is a bit of an oversight on a car such as the IS. My old Rover 214 and previous Audi A6 both had an easier and more secure option.

The later model IS's have this function with manual double lock, but most older models don't. Hope this is correct... we'll soon see!!