Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Harder Ride

Damer

I have had my IS200 SE for 2 months now and generally very pleased with it. Only slight niggle is that the ride seems to be a fair bit harder than in my previous S. I know it has the larger wheels but should it be so noticable?

It is particularly bad if when you hit a pot hole the front really clunks.

Is this normal?

When i got my s model it had the 16" alloys on it, but i didn't like them, so i changed them for the 17" alloys, and did notice the ride was a bit harder, as for the clunking from the front, you might want to get that checked out, i had a noise like that a while back and it was the ball joints gone!

Just a thought!

Stu

the se will have a harsher ride compared to the s because it has a lower profile tyre

might be worth checking your tyre pressures, make sure they are not too hard

is it a new car or second hand, maybe one of the shocks needs replacing

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Took my car to Lexus Stockport they agreed it doesn't sound right. Booked in for next week for investigation, but say it could be ball joints or shocks.

Service from Stockport effecient as usual, but bit worried that something can go wrong on my car after I've only had it 8 weeks and it is less than 12 months old.

Good job it is under warrenty or I'd be furious.

Mine seemed at least as comfortable if not more so when I went from 16" to 17" wheels. I guess the new different make tyres made more of a difference. Same with lowering my car on eibach springs. The ride actually seemed smoother with them. Perhaps I'm just mad. :duh:

No Javadude, when I was in Ifraz's car with the Eibach's I said it was smoother than mine which had the standard sports springs fitted - does feel much smoother.

Just need to sort mine out now at some point!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links