Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clicking Noises From The Dash Board?

Gully

i keep on hearing clicking noises every now and then which appear as though they come from the dash board area, more nearer the passenger side than the driver. are these normal? they arent particularly loud but are getting slightly annoying now

can anything be done about them? should i be expressing any real concern over them?

No mate, not normal. Should be rattle free. Funny enough, my Lex just started rattle in driver's door. Very annoying also. I'll have to wait until first service to get sorted though.

Have you checked the glovebox for any loose bits, see if you can squeeze a look under the dash from the passenger footwell. May be loose wires/plastic brakets etc.

i have that one too! is it between the door trim and the dahboard? well i think its in the post between the dash and the door trim, the metal weld got cracked inside it, because my experience i change the upper door hinge and the door catcher, but it still noisy. i really hate the noise so i just keep my volume up so i wont hear it. :crybaby:

@cheeky> jep, checked the gloovebox, no probs there. If you have your service before mine, could you let me know if they find anything?

@fluff34567> both are working fine :)

@alteza222> yeah, mate sounds like similar problem there. :(

I had a noise from my dash board. I don't know if it is the same as yours but it is very near than what you say about noises.

You will see on the pic what is the part which do the noise.

http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200409/p...s_dash_tray.jpg

You have to push this part.

If you don't understand what i say :blink: , it's normal. I don't understand what i've just wroten! In this case, I will do other pics. :winky:

As someone mentioned, Lexus is so quiet, that your keys may make you nervous :D I had some crackling noise from my dashboard, i couldn't take it, and with this forum's help i make it stop. Just played with some two sided sticky materials between all parts and it is gone since. However i head some noises, very rare in the area near glove box, but i can't figure it out, it seems like something is loose. As lexus dealer said: "Just play with it, and it will be gone"

Cheers

• 6 months later...

Im getting creaking noises from both my seat and front passenger seat. Passengers is worst and sound like its coming from the seat belt area. Doing my head in!! :crying:

Any suggestions?

i keep on hearing clicking noises every now and then which appear as though they come from the dash board area, more nearer the passenger side than the driver. are these normal? they arent particularly loud but are getting slightly annoying now

can anything be done about them? should i be expressing any real concern over them?

I had this when I first got my car, it was the top housing (with the vents) and the fascia for the climate controls not fitting properly