Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is 300 Not Looking Good

pierb1

I'm very dissapointed in the reaction from dealers when it comes to giving me a PX value on my 51 reg Red IS300. It cost 19k about 18months ago. The best offer I have had is 11k. Thats not good for a car i was told would hold its value. As nice s the car is I wished I had stuck with a BMW, as even though I don't think their product is as good, similar cars hold there value better. I wonder if any members would like to comment on this :crybaby:

I Agree that the price you've been offered is very poor, you would get a hell of a lot more for it if you sold it privately. I'm sure someone on here woulkd give you more than that!!

Thats what I think. I put it in the buy and sell section yesterday. It,s a shame becuse the car is in showroom condition, and I know for a fact that dealers are selling them on the forecourt for £16k+ if anyone made me a reasonable offer I woulsd sell. :blush:

Much as I love my IS300, I'm aware that there's plenty of demand for similarly spec'd BMWs & Mercs, and probably not nearly so many after the Lex. The fact that it's auto only can't help. I spent nigh on £30K for this car in March '03 and I bet I wouldn't get £20K for it now.

Thats what I think. I put it in the buy and sell section yesterday. It,s a shame becuse the car is in showroom condition, and I know for a fact that dealers are selling them on the forecourt for £16k+ if anyone made me a reasonable offer I woulsd sell. :blush:

I'll swap you for a blue IS200 and a packet of revels?

What's the mileage like because the parkers guide part exchange value is £13080 for a 2001 '51' IS300 with 30000 miles

Are they giving you a really great deal on the new car or something?

Its done 22,000 and has warranty till November might try to sell it on E-Bay. Every one I have talked to has said, I will struggle to get rid of it as Lexus cars dont sell, and don't hold their value. Wish I had known this when I bought it. I thought they were a rare site on the roads because they were exclusive, not unpopular

:blush:

Here's one off Autotrader ....

Enlarge 2001 LEXUS IS 3.0 4dr Auto Saloon

2001/51 IS300 Auto. Scarlati Red. 17" Alloy Wheels, Alarm And Immobiliser,6 CD Auto Changer, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Electric Sunroof, Electric Windows, Electrical Folding Wing Mirrors, Electrically Controlled Front Seats, Front Fog Lights, Zenon Auto Levelling Headlights,Semi Auto Tiptronic, Heated Front Seats, Black Leather Upholstery,Sports Grill.FLSH last serviced 1/8/04. 22000 miles. £15995.

Is it yours ????? Price looks good in comparison to others.

Try emailing a couple of lexus delears a full spec. and see if they will offer you something for it.

I have heard that the 300 does not hold its value as well as the 200, but it shouldn't be that bad, although i agree that you're probably losing a bit more than normal because the car is red

Here's one off Autotrader ....

Enlarge 2001 LEXUS IS 3.0 4dr Auto Saloon

2001/51 IS300 Auto. Scarlati Red. 17" Alloy Wheels, Alarm And Immobiliser,6 CD Auto Changer, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Electric Sunroof, Electric Windows, Electrical Folding Wing Mirrors, Electrically Controlled Front Seats, Front Fog Lights, Zenon Auto Levelling Headlights,Semi Auto Tiptronic, Heated Front Seats, Black Leather Upholstery,Sports Grill.FLSH last serviced 1/8/04. 22000 miles. £15995.

Is it yours ????? Price looks good in comparison to others.

Try emailing a couple of lexus delears a full spec. and see if they will offer you something for it.

Yes it is and disregarding the colour I think it's a fair price

So theoretically :

If we went to a dealer and there were 2 IS300's side by side, both of the same age and mileage, and one was red and the other dark blue the red one would be stickered £4000 less than the dark blue one ?

I don't think so :blink:

Im not sure about figures, but I would imagine that the 300 doesn't sell as fast as the 200. With that being the case, 300's are more likely to sit on the forecourt for longer than the 200, therefore they need to offer you a lower price as the return on their investment could take longer. Just keep the mileage down, keep it in fab condition and keep advertising it, put it in shop windows, supermarket advertising boards, use the internet, email every Lexus dealer (there may be someone who has registered wanting a red 300 !).

I dont think the colour has alot to do with the price. Albeit Red is not a popular colour unless its a Ferarri, people still want them.

Just keep trying mate, someone somewhere wants a red 300 for 16k !

I'm very dissapointed in the reaction from dealers when it comes to giving me a PX value on my 51 reg Red IS300. It cost 19k about 18months ago. The best offer I have had is 11k. Thats not good for a car i was told would hold its value. As nice s the car is I wished I had stuck with a BMW, as even though I don't think their product is as good, similar cars hold there value better. I wonder if any members would like to comment on this :crybaby:

Out of interest... what are you PX'ing your IS300 for at the Lexus Dealer?

Just been reading this thread and thought I should put some facts into the fray.

The cost new for a 01 51 BMW 330i SE Auto was £27310. You would have had to add at the very least leather and a CD player costing £1700, making it a £29,000 purchase. Cap Black Book, an industry standard, puts the value in a clean condition at £14300 for 22,000 miles. This represents a loss of £14700 or it being worth 49.3% of it’s original cost.

The figures for the IS300 are: New £25995, no extras and £13200. This means a loss of £12795, nearly £2000 less than the BMW and 50.8% of it’s original cost. The IS300 would still have much more spec.

I am not sure where you live but I would be happy to talk to you about buying it.