Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Finaly Got Me Some New Rims

TheDon

well i finaly did it! got some new 18" rims.

was going to go 19" but wanted to do that next summer now i have ordered my supercharger for fitting next week!

We tried to get a 255-35-18 tyre on there but it was just too wide. rim with is 8" and offset is 35mm

i love the deep dish look and polished lip, very funky. springs had not settled after taking these pics. so will try and get more later

rims.JPG

rims1.JPG

rims2.JPG

just got to wait for a few more styling goodies now!

Nice wheels B)

Now i haven't seen your car for a while and i remember you saying on here something about it being on a stand at a show,forgive me but it doesn't look any different from the last time i saw it :o looks STD even down to the grill,shed some light for me plz Chris B)

yes it still is gonna be on a stand at HIN, but we held back on the bodywork after change of ideas (mainly someone was copying them elsewhere!!) and we have decided to do the bodywork for the next seasons batch of shows. that way the car will have more time out of the view of other companies and body shops.

Plans are afoot and it will be done to the best possible standards, an di decided not to rush anything. thats why i just laid £4500 this week on the charger, clutch and rims. am getting the power b4 i get the looks.

plus it seemed a bit silly to get sexy new paint and bodywork just in time for the grit and snow of the winter!

So to answer your question, externaly it hasnt changed! apart from the rims. but scorpion. rome was not built in a day.

That was my mrs, lol

am having the arches rolled, only a slight amount of rub on the rear arch. needs 1mm removed.

just drove to eastbourne and back with no probs with rubbing!

also if they get on me nerves too much then i will get new ones.

They were bought for shows more than day to day runners, but they make the car feel a lot more stable on the roads

black colour is great, but needs to be clean, thats why im so thankful that meguires exists. got some detailer clay yesterday and lots more detailer spray and cloths!

As for rome falling down, well its only coz they rushed it!

i waited this long to start touching my car! a few more months wont harm! lol

Have had the japsai springs on for about 6months, but the drop was only 25mm.

am considerin some coilovers or a set of the eibachs

hi its chris here, am quickly posting under gordons sign in and am with him now. we have spent the day fitting the supercharger and the helix clutch. we realy took our time and are wondering how some people managed this on their drive lol!!!

clutch went on like a dream altho we had to use the retaining spring off the old push bearing as the helix one was wrong fitment but no worries.

cant wait to try it out with full power, the charger ripped the hell out of my slipping clutch, lol. so its gonna feel great with the helix one now!!!

the new wheels are bedding in well and have caused zero problems so far, no scrubbage or anything after 500 miles of a road and motorway. i think it was down to the dunlops profile used.

will give a full road verdict on my drive home from manchester tonight! i set off for here at 4am after 2hrs sleep and havent slept yet so may find myself in a travel lodge. so will post tomorrow

damn the supercharger is fun, especialy combined with the HKS exhaust. scares a few children.

clutch is very on off in performance. which didnt help in the gridlock on the m25 this morning!

had to leave a 5 meter plus space infron of the car before i moved it as once it grabs it lurches lol.

but seriously, if you do town driving then its not the clutch for you. it also makes a strange little noise if you press the pedal a tiny amount. like a little warble?

also since having the charger fited i have noticed that either it or the extra heat is making the power steering pump belt sqeeal a lot more than normal? lexus changed it on waranty in april.

has anyone found a way of reducing the under hood heat quickly and without a vented hood?