Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing Oil

whitie

I managed to get just over 1.5Ltrs in there before it came over the top.. Should I try to get some more in...

Could I just say one thing... If anyone gets chapped lips put some of the above spec oil on them, it does wonders!! :lol: (ended up blowing it down a length of hosepipe!! :sick: )

I just changed my Gearbox oil too, when i poped off the propshaft during gearbox removal, although most of my oil had come out from the propshaft insert I did get the drain pug off after and drained then filled after re-assembly.

I did'nt notice any loose bits of metal, so that part relieves my mind.

I would'nt say I noticed much difference in gear change after changing the oil, but then I never had the clunking problems (touch wood) on 1st,2nd.

If the gearbox oil change fixes this, this has gotta be good news for those having the noise.

Yeap I'm chuffed to bits.

The notch feel was only there a little bit.

Though when I took the oil out the colour/texture difference in the oil made me think " :blink::sick::excl: ".

Plus the oil came out the top whole. So don't have a clue how they managed to over fill it!.

• 1 month later...

does the gearbox oil get changed as part of any of the services at lexus?

Yes I believe the manual gearbox oil is on the service schedule. But you want to put better quality oil in there to improve things not just the same again.