Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Found In Breakers Yard

Stu

Ok peeps, i found an IS200 in a breakers yard not far from me, the details of it are it is a 52 plate, astral black IS200 Sport or SE (Unable to tell due to fire damage).

My estimate is that the car never even cleared 10k before it caught fire, and the interior was completely lost, as in, it was a pile of burnt plastic.

The engine bay seems untouched, and the engine looks to be in perfect condition, the only thing is it has been in the yard for a year, and hasn't moved in that time, so it may be nackered!

The doors, wings, bonnett and boot have had it, but the rear light units are sound, and they are the dark chrome ones too. The wheels are ok too, two of them are curbed, but one of them (the spare) is brand new, as is the tyre. Both bumpers are in good nick, a bit scuffed, but easily sorted out. The front bumper has the fogs in it still, and they are the clear ones.

The guy in the yard has given some guide prices for the bits, but i am sure that if we club together we can reduce the prices he is asking!

I must clarify, that i am not offering to remove and post any of the bits, but will happily help anyone else that is wishing to come and remove the bits themselves.

The guide prices are as follows:

Set of 5 x 17" alloys with tyres £450 - £500

Rear light units £160 pair

Rear fogs £30 pair

Front fogs £60 pair

Bumpers £unkown

anyone interested?

I have pictures, and will upload shortly, depending on interest.

Stu

well, from what he was saying, along similar price lines as a discovery lump, getting on for £1500.

I must stress that the engine looked in pristine condition, even better than mine, and i look after my engine bay!

Stu

I know it sounds like he wants a lot for the bits, but if there are a lot of people wanting bits from it, i am sure the prices can be reduced!

What i think we should do is as follows:

Please list the parts you would like, and how much you are willing to pay (max) and i will take the list to him on saturday. I will start the prices off lower than your max, and if you can PM me your phone number, when i have spoken to him, i will ring you just to confirm the haggle.

As mentioned in the first post, i am not willing to remove the bits and post, but i'll happily help you to get the bits you want from it.

Hope that helps you out!

Stu

So far i only have one request for bits off the car, in order to get some good prices we need to get together and get as many bits as we can that are needed.

I live not far away from the place, and if you are coming from a long way off i will happily provide a place to stay, and the garage can be used to store the parts in overnight, i'll even help you to get the bits you want!

If you do want something from the car, put down what, and how much you're willing to pay max for it, PM me your number, and i'll go up there at the weekend to haggle for the bits.

This is a rare opportunity, coz you don't see many of these in breakers yards, it's only 2 years old, and it's been sitting there for a year, so it's not even done 10k yet!

Stu