Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Window Replacement

eMJay

I've recently discovered my heated filiments have corroded through lack of cleaning during the car's life and I don't know if these can be replaced.

Lexus have quoted me around £360 including VAT for a new rear windscreen, then there's fitting on top of that.

I've got comprehensive cover and my excess is £50 and that's all I pay providing I use one of two companies my insurer recommends.

I don't know if I'll be able to claim under this circumstance anyway, but what's the procedure when going through insurance; do I just pay the excess, or the full amount and then get credited for the total minus the excess?

Any information greatly received.

normally you will only pay the excess to the windscreen company as long as they recognise your insurer , best to ask first

My policy says I only pay the £50 excess providing I use one of their approved companies.

Do I need to speak to my insurer first or do I just go through the windscreen company?

I called Autoglass today and they're sending someone out to fit a new rear screen as soon as possible.

The glass has to be ordered and they said it would be original Toyota/Lexus glass.

All I have to pay is the excess.

Phew!