Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid

jbi507

You can get kits off eBay which are the full package from the IS300 including the self levelling computers etc but it's something like $700 - guess the lights will be pointing the wrong way anyway, but it does say that just the self-levelling kit is worth a grand so it's an expensive way to go!

I'm just going to turn down the leveller manually if there are any problems!

the kits on eBay only include the headlamps the motors on the headlamps it does not include the leveling ecu or the sensors that fix to the axles or any of the loom

Are you looking at this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

-(2)Lens/ Housing Assy (R/L) Part #81150-53040 Retail: $256.37 EACH

-(2)HID Ballast Computer (R/L) Part #81107-53040. Retail: $1009.19 EACH

-(2) Your Choice of NEW Phillips D2R (stock) or D2S (brighter) bulbs Retail: $287.00 each 

-(2)Auto Leveling Motor (R/L) Part #85661-33010 Retail: $149.13 EACH

-(2)Computer Assy cover (R/L) Part #90075-680xx Retail: $17.20 EACH

-(2)Computer Cover Gasket (R/L) Part #90075-68001 Retail: $7.71 EACH

-(2)Auto Level Motor O-Ring (R/L) Part #90075-99120 Retail: $2.78 EACH

-(2)HID Ballast Wiring Harness (R/L) Part #81125-53040 Retail: $15.20 EACH

Thought that was everything needed?

:o

So you got ripped off? Could you not complain to eBay as it says it's everything you need? I was going to order some of these as well before Dave's kit came along.

The Meccatune kit Prolex offers is nice, two ballasts, two harnesses (which aren't actually needed) and the bulbs - are you getting one of those then mate?

:o

So you got ripped off? Could you not complain to EBay as it says it's everything you need? I was going to order some of these as well before Dave's kit came along.

The Meccatune kit Prolex offers is nice, two ballasts, two harnesses (which aren't actually needed) and the bulbs - are you getting one of those then mate?

i didn't pay anything like what he's asking now i got it in an auction from same bloke but what he is selling is what he is advertising

i have

-(2)Lens/ Housing Assy

-(2)HID Ballast Computer

-(2) Your Choice of NEW Phillips D2R

-(2)Auto Leveling Motor

-(2)Computer Assy cover

-(2)Computer Cover Gasket

-(2)Auto Level Motor O-Ring

-(2)HID Ballast Wiring Harness

the only thing that is wrong is he omit's from his listing that you need the wiring and ecu and sensors if you want to fit them in an is200.

i have since brought some aftermarket one's for £130 just not got round to fitting them yet

i must get round to selling the others

still doesnt answer my question

what does it level it to ?

The GS has front and rear height sensors. If there is a difference between the two it will make adjustments to the lights.

Going up a hill doesn't make any difference, the car should still be level compared to the ground.

That particular road Colin is crap so I think he hit a pot hole and that screwed things up - didn't realise before that how powerful the HID's were though, they put out a lot of light onto the road!

still doesnt answer my question

what does it level it to ?

The GS has front and rear height sensors. If there is a difference between the two it will make adjustments to the lights.

Going up a hill doesn't make any difference, the car should still be level compared to the ground.

thanks colin

i knew i could rely on you

makes sense now

HID lights are illegal to use unless they have a self levelling system which is usually located on the suspension arms on car with a small arm on a sensor ,

we accidently broke my mates on his S3 one night while putting on his new suspension

• 3 weeks later...
HID lights are illegal to use unless they have a self levelling system which is usually located on the suspension arms on car with a small arm on a sensor ,

we accidently broke my mates on his S3 one night while putting on his new suspension

Actually the self levelling on HID lamps is a total waste of space since it simply isn't fast enough to react to humps and undulations on most roads. Its only benefit, as someone pointed out, is if you have a heavy load and forget to manually adjust the lamp levels.

Actually the self levelling on HID lamps is a total waste of space since it simply isn't fast enough to react to humps and undulations on most roads. Its only benefit, as someone pointed out, is if you have a heavy load and forget to manually adjust the lamp levels.

The leveling is basically for the loading of the vehicle not going up and down over bumps. Although all new cars have headlamp adjustment most drivers don't use it and with the increased intensity of HIDs it is too dangerous to leave it for manual adjustment.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links