Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Driving Days

IanHeathcock

Do Lexus, or any dealers invite their customers on any kind of driving days, I've recently been to one run by BMW and Peugeot - Both good family days out, as an RX300 owner I was interested to compare with the BMW's X5 which was all very nice but not worth the extra 20 grand.

So if any one wants to invite me, or let me know how I can get on a mailing list that would be great.

Cheers

Ian :driving:

Do Lexus, or any dealers invite their customers on any kind of driving days, I've recently been to one run by BMW and Peugeot - Both good family days out, as an RX300 owner I was interested to compare with the BMW's X5 which was all very nice but not worth the extra 20 grand.

So if any one wants to invite me, or let me know how I can get on a mailing list that would be great.

Cheers

Ian :driving:

Yes!!! I went on one a couple of months ago - ace fun! I got to play around with a GS, SC, IS300, and rx300 (both on and off-road). You are just given the keys and a suggested test route, no hard sell or anything either which was nice.

I don't know how you apply to go on one though, my local dealer just sent me an invite shortly after I bought my car. I did wonder during the day if it was just a one off but one of the sales guys said I'd be invited next year too.

i was talking to the guy who clean's our carpet's at work today he said he rolled an rx!!!!!!! on the off road course at an open day this year

I hope he was kidding! I was very sensible when I took the rx out but I noticed a few people giving the cars a right thrashing. I think one of the SCs got damaged later on.

I guess if there's too much damage done to their cars then Lexus might not hold the events any more (or insist that a salesguy comes with you to make sure you behave which will be no fun at all).

i was talking to the guy who clean's our carpet's at work today he said he rolled an rx!!!!!!! on the off road course at an open day this year

After driving the latest RX off-road, I suspect that it would be pretty easy to roll these cars off-road, since they are classified as "soft" off roaders.

Wasn't there a celebrity a few years back that rolled an off roader on the motorway in an accident? I think it was Chris Eubank in a Range Rover.

I hope he was kidding! I was very sensible when I took the rx out but I noticed a few people giving the cars a right thrashing. I think one of the SCs got damaged later on.

I guess if there's too much damage done to their cars then Lexus might not hold the events any more (or insist that a salesguy comes with you to make sure you behave which will be no fun at all).

he was serious. totally wrecked it rolled a few times before coming to a stop