Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Genral Advice

hightone

:driving: Hello i am new here and would like some advice on the following have just test dove a ( Toyota Altezza Lexus 200is) model Auto impoted mid Aug S reg £8995 the two things i would like to do to it Chip it so that is will go faster and convert the sat/nav to english how much would these two things cost to do and how long would it take a garage to do, i know labour will be different depends where you live but the hardware so to speak should be the same and is £9k about right S reg 40K miles on clock 60K kilo thank you to any one who replys.

Hightone :whistling:

Import Sat nav a wast of time, no one has converted it... YET

But you can use the screen for watch DVD etc

Chip and performance depends on whihc model it is AS200 or the RS200? did you have gears on the steering wheel?

That is an AS200 then.

No triptronic on the steering wheel the key.

You should be looking at the 6 cyl AS200 Auto as per the equal spec of the UK IS200 S model with 153bhp as per UK model.

The RS200 is 210bhp on a four cylinder engine and would have two small up and down buttons for the gears on the steering wheel.

Cheers so how much are talkink about getting it chiped and big job or not and is £9K a a good price should pick up next friday.

:tomato: :winky:

Really wouldn`t bother getting an aftermarket ECU until you at least an aftermarket exhaust (full system including manifold would be best), and an induction kit.

Very least an induction kit and a muffler. otherwise you won`t notice much difference at all... especially for the cost of an aftermarket ECU.

Congrats on the purchase by the way.... and welcome to the club! :winky:

Thanks for the replys will not bother getting it chipped at the moment if at all so how nuch would it cost to do the full job ?. .the guy at the garage said that he was told about the box in the boot for the sat nav if you change that for a UK one say from IS 200 that the sat nav would work but he was not sure it would do and to ask around before doing it can anyone shed any light on that? i think it is a no go by what has being said on this site but they are a few old post here so maybe some truth to it ?

Hightone .

Answer to your last question on the sat nav is yes, it would work if you change the box at the back with a UK one and UK disc, but you would loose functionality of your built in TV tuner. not that it works anyways... :unsure:

The price of another box is too expensive...

Go and get yourself an aftermarket sat nav box, like VDO or something, it works out better in the long run unless you can source a box for less then £400, VDO one approx simular money, or DVD nav from pioneer, or second hand Alpine DVD nav on e-bay for £400

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...