Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Rs200 Info Please

T.F.S.

hi

im doing a progressive nitrous install for one of your forum members and if possible id like to pick your brains for some infomation as i dont really like to turn up to a customers address without at least having some idea of the car im working on

the car is a

make: Toyota

model: Altezza RS200

Year: 1999

and id like to know if

the car has HT leads

what is the standard plug heat range (NGK numbers if possible)

what are the limitations of the standard fuel pump

is the ignition coil pack or dizzy (question 2 would probably answer this anyway)

has anyone fitted a system to one of these before?, how did you define the optimum injector position and what did the static test reveal on standard fuel pressure with what jets?

i can find all this out myself on the day but as ive said if someone has been here before i might as well take advantage of the infomation, only a fool would not eh!

regards, brian

www.noswizard.com/bboard

i was just about to say, i bet iknow whos that is..

well Brian...there are 3 of us here with WON kits. two IS200's and myself with an IS300.

the install on the 300 is differnt to the 200, but having seen the 200's i can say that both had the nos injectors in here.

as for colder plugs,, i certainly went one stage colder and i i believe that SteveAudio will be going colder.. the other person..DaveEllen i cant recall if he did..

Both the 200's currently run 50bhp jets, one on a minimax and the other on a maximiser. and both also have a supercharger fitted,,

for you info the std IS200 pulls approx 153 bhp at the fly, with the S/C it brings it to approx 212bhp,, which is the same as the tezza..

both have no probes with fuel pump as far as im aware

also the fuel tap off has been taken form the end (towards the front bumber) of the fuel line via the banjo bult.. also as a tip, when tapping into the bolt make it off centre as there is some obstruction going across the centre..

hi

im doing a progressive nitrous install for one of your forum members and if possible id like to pick your brains for some infomation as i dont really like to turn up to a customers address without at least having some idea of the car im working on

the car is a

make: Toyota

model: Altezza RS200

Year: 1999

and id like to know if

the car has HT leads

what is the standard plug heat range (NGK numbers if possible)

what are the limitations of the standard fuel pump

is the ignition coil pack or dizzy (question 2 would probably answer this anyway)

has anyone fitted a system to one of these before?, how did you define the optimum injector position and what did the static test reveal on standard fuel pressure with what jets?

i can find all this out myself on the day but as ive said if someone has been here before i might as well take advantage of the infomation, only a fool would not eh!

regards, brian

www.noswizard.com/bboard

Coil packs mate.... Well Am, first Altezza with Nitrous on LOC!! Swine!! :lol:

Keep us posted mate... i`m interested in this install.

Scott there is a Nitrous rs200 On LOC his names Spencer, he was at JAE 1+2.......

ONLY COMES ON THE SITE NOW AND AGAIN.

His tezz is a white one

Well there goes my crown of "only 'tezza with nos" :lol:

Can't wait though, lets hope rain don't spoil the day!

Just finished this transplant - 2am this morning :o

All i can say is :D B) :lol: :zee: :driving:

more on it when i eventually wake up, big up to TFS poor lad is on his way back to Kent as i speak!! :ohmy:

Do you have any photos of the install, the routing o the pulsold feeds, "Frogger" location? Are you still on 25 bhp jets, or something else.

Are you using progressive controller, which on and what are your setting times?

Do you have photos of the fuel take off...

I am about to fit on on a TEZ too...

Just to say also that I have only gone 1 stage colder on the spark plugs,and found a slight diference. only slight, car feels smoother then before, perhaps it was just waiting for these a long time ago after the SC fit.

On 25's at the mo as I lost functionality of Minimax, Next year I plan on more...About the same as FARGO.

Hi Steve,

We spent about 13 hours on the damn thing, by 2am we wanted to see some basic results which we did, so its not 100% complete. I cant remember which jets we used in the end but it worked out for 75bhp of nos.

I am indeed using the very latest updated Maximser, bloody good too!! Its on 15% start power and 3sec build up, though right now it doesn't matter as it needs tweaking and tuning of the jet sizes etc..

fuel take off... j333333z!! that took forever. I'll take pics later today mate lol

BTW, i will be using your idea for the NOS engage switch in the sig. lighter :whistling:

hi am

that was the longest bloody install ive ever done!!!

i didnt like the pulsoid location, i didnt like the fuel feed, i didnt like the micrswitch either!

we havent had enough time testing the AFR either, i think tis will need another couple of hours fine tuning before we can say that this car is up to my standards

the best from this car is still yet to come!

regards, brian

hi am

could you post a good clar image of your inlet manifold please?

if anyone else has knowlege of this engine i am trying to locate the position of the air temp sensor as i believe this could be detecting lower air temp when on gas and increaseing the amount of fuel delivered by the injectors which is messing with my normal static teting ratio calculations

regards, brian

hi am

those injector lines look even longer on the pic, if you can get hold of a small plastic box we can mount them nearer the inlet and rig up a cold air feed, it would make a diffrence!

still cant see a air temp sensor on those pics, im sure it is further down the inlet tract and adjusting the fuel to the injectors when the nitrous comes on, we will have to move the air temp sensor to a position before the injector to get around this!

regards, brian