Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water?

HOPE SOME ONE CAN HELP

I WAS ON MY WAY HOME FROM WORK WHEN A 6 SERIES TRY TO RACE WITH ME. AS YOU CAN GUESS I WAS WASTED AFTER ABOUT 30 SECS. BUT NOW IM LEAKING WATER AND I DONT KNOW WHERE ITS COMING FROM. JUST HAD A SERVICE FOR MY 40K 2 MONTHS AGO AND THE WATER PUMP WAS REPLACE.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OF WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG.

CHEERS

STEVEN

im sure it is water as its clear and has no smell and its coming from the engine bay.

and as for racing the car- its not how fast you drive that matters, its how you drive fast. :driving:

there doesn't see to have been any there water on the ground the pass 2 days dont know if it was a one off or somthing.

sound like you may be right as the a/c was on all day, its just i haven't see this before. dont know if the racing had anything 2 do with it just puting 2 +2 togther.

the water on the ground was about the size of an a4 bit of paper.

do you think this is anyhting to worry about

In that case it is most likely Aircon condensation that occurs when the really cold bit of the cylinder meets moist warm air.

It is suprising how much water actually drops to the floor when the conditions are right.

Not sure about older Lexi, Lexus's but my water, looking through the required bit, is a sort of orangy/brown or browny/orange :) and is marked as not being water but a special cooling liquid ?

You actually get water coming from your air-conditioning unit because it also acts as a dehumidifier, so just in the same way that mobile and fixed A/C units drip or collect the water in a tub, well in a car it just has a small tube around the engine bay that the water drips out of.

This is why A/C is very useful for demisting the windows because it is blowing dry air.

Whilst were on the subject of A/C, surely by now people who have A/C must know not have the windows open at the same time, I saw no end of people in cars who have A/C last weekend and windows open trying to air-condition the world :tsktsk: