Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Want An Is200

tcooper

hello peeps, this is the first time i posted here but i have been lookign at posts before, and at all the gallery pictures.

Anyhow, i own a ****ty old volvo 440 se 2.0i, after destroying it in the last week i have decided to buy my dream car... well one of my dream cars... an IS200, ive seen lots of pictures and stuff and i have a bout £8'000 could anyone help point me in the right direction for second hand Is200's and which model etc.

I'm a bit of a boy racer, owning www.essexracers.com, so the is200 im after has to be able to be modified... i dont know jack about teh differences in each is200, but i have seen some with some really nice body kits and spoilers etc.

any help much appriciated

Tom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats abit rude isnt it, saying it might be out of his price range.

i'm 20, and i have an is200 se, brand new on order.

you could of made the same wrong assumtion about me.

not when he said his budget is around £8k and dunc's car is amazing with a spec sheet as long as my you know what! :P

welcome to the club mate, prices have dropped recently so you should be able to get a decent IS for your money or like raz says you might wanna consider an altezza as they have more power but are lower spec. horses for courses really. if you buy from a lexus dealer you'll get a nice 12 month used car warranty too.

thats abit rude isnt it, saying it might be out of his price range.

i'm 20, and i have an is200 se, brand new on order.

you could of made the same wrong assumtion about me.

he said he had £8000 to spend, duncan wants £15000 so yes out of his price range

Hi mate, welcome to the club... If you are after a car for cruising about then go for an is200.

However.... if you are after a car that is pretty quick, and has LOADS and LOADS of tuning options then go for an Altezza RS200!

210 BHP in manual form, so 57BHP more than the is200 to start with... and if you consider not having headlamp washers, Leather leather seats and cruise control as having lower spec then ok it is.... although, as its a sports car, little things like these are surplus to requirements anyway...

Whichever car you decide to go for, you will be as happy as a pig in poop!

hello peeps, this is the first time i posted here but i have been lookign at posts before, and at all the gallery pictures.

Anyhow, i own a ****ty old volvo 440 se 2.0i, after destroying it in the last week i have decided to buy my dream car... well one of my dream cars... an IS200, ive seen lots of pictures and stuff and i have a bout £8'000 could anyone help point me in the right direction for second hand Is200's and which model etc.

I'm a bit of a boy racer, owning www.essexracers.com, so the is200 im after has to be able to be modified... i dont know jack about teh differences in each is200, but i have seen some with some really nice body kits and spoilers etc.

any help much appriciated

Tom

push yoursell to 10,500 and you can have mine,loads of spec.dvd,sport too,suspension done,ready for a charger. :)

Hi mate, welcome to the club... If you are after a car for cruising about then go for an is200.

However.... if you are after a car that is pretty quick, and has LOADS and LOADS of tuning options then go for an Altezza RS200!

210 BHP in manual form, so 57BHP more than the is200 to start with... and if you consider not having headlamp washers, Leather leather seats and cruise control as having lower spec then ok it is.... although, as its a sports car, little things like these are surplus to requirements anyway...

Whichever car you decide to go for, you will be as happy as a pig in poop!

cruise control only on an auto, so not really an option on the auto...just tobe picky scott lol

thanks for all your feed back, the Altezza RS200 i haven't really seen??? and i looking for a manual, i really do not like auto, and luxuary im not to fussed about anyway... The only other factor i have to consider is the insurance, i am only 20 without no claims bonus, sincei just wrote my car off... what kind of price will i be looking at for insurance?

Thanks

Tom

What is the difference between an Altezza thing and a is200? they basically same body etc diff eng or what?

The Altezza Z/RS200 has 210 BHP 4 pot beams engine.

IS 200 (and altezza AS) has a 6 pot 153BHP engine.

The interors my differ, with the Altezza generally having a cloth interior......poss no sunroof.........no electric seats.

The IS has better security (You may find an isurance co will require a CAT alrm fitted if not)

Insurance....I would recommend you get some quotes, as i think it will be High(1400+).

If im wrong on any counts, im sure i will get a bit of ribbing from one of the others :P

:ph34r:

well im payin 1.5k for a 10 year old volvo, wont be cheap to insure an is200, but i really couldn't care less, i have got to get one..

what are the particular models that are avialible, is200 rs200 altezza? at moment im rather confused about this, stuck between a bridge of wanting luxury to pimp about in or power for cruising :P

is the 210bhp rs200 a lexus or toyota? or is it the same thing anyway?