Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would like to share my problems with you over a recent problem I had with my power steering.

I have recently had a refurb rack fitted and while I was at it I fitted a new re manufactured pump and a new air control valve.All was well except that the steering was heavy at idle but as soon as you slightly reved the engine the steering went back to normal.I and the garage carried out all the checks bleeding the system cleaning filters checking solenoid screen and operation but still the problem remained where I come to the conclusion that the pump was at fault.

Before I had chance to fit new pump and after driving car for about a week the problem had gone,the general thought being that the pump needed time to loosen up.

I visited the USA website and found other people who had the same problem as me.

One point of interest is the need to keep the screen on the solenoid clean as this can effect the steering and is not mentioned in the manual it can get dirty the result being extra pressure build up which can damage pump seals resulting in a leaking pump and pump faliure.There are posts on USA site on how to carry out this work.

Hope this helps.